Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Jeff_2002)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-04-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hello everyone.... I hope someone might be able to tell me what is wrong with my boat. It has happend the last 2 days I have been out on the water. Temps here are at about 100 right now. The boat has no problem starting right up in the morning or when we are boarding. The problem starts after I have been going for about 4 hours on the water. If we anchor up and sit for any length of time (over an hour) and try to restart it, the boat just chokes itself out or has a very hard time ideling and will then just die. It almost sounds flooded everytime. We let it sit everytime (more than 30min) and try to restart. I pump the throttle to get fresh fuel in. After a long process it will fire back up. Once we are going again, the boat is fine. I think it is vapor lock, but just wanted to make sure. Also, if that is the case, what is the best action to take to solve this problem.

I was also hoping someone could recommend a good place to get my boat worked on in case it needs to go in. I live in NW IL. I was just wondering where everyone takes their boats if anyone was close to me.

Thank you for all of your help,

Jeff