Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (RAllison)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-02-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
I am trying to choose between two bindings on EBay. Both are $150 shipped. One is an 08 Hyperlite Murray (still new) and one is a 2012 Hyperlite Agent. I have an 07 Hyperlite Murray board and looking for some bindings that fit at a low price. I just got this board and it came with some like new 2003 Collective Development AS01's size 10... If anyone wants them, let me know. Any input would be appreciative. I wish I could get the system bindings and boots, but we just had a baby and I am broke!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-02-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
I havent ridden any of those but just from looking at pictures i beleive the murray would be a better buy because of the closed toed and they were more expensive when they were new, that there just shows the murray were most likely built better, but then again you might just be paying to the name... have you seen these byerlys for sale. With the discount there just about in your price range with the added coupon, maybe just a little more. My friend has them and they feel pretty good with the insoul's they use, i think there soul is better than my system kobalt. Idk about the toe lift but i heard they really lock your ankle in. The only thing i noticed is that there slightly bulkly but probably not as bulkly as the 08 murrays. I would buy them over the murrays http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboard-...lack_Image.jpg
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-02-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
If the agent bindings are new, they might come with some form of warranty from the manufacturer. If you blow out the 08 Murray's you might be out of luck. Just depends on what you're comfortable with.
Old     (RAllison)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-02-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam6961 View Post
I havent ridden any of those but just from looking at pictures i beleive the murray would be a better buy because of the closed toed and they were more expensive when they were new, that there just shows the murray were most likely built better, but then again you might just be paying to the name... have you seen these byerlys for sale. With the discount there just about in your price range with the added coupon, maybe just a little more. My friend has them and they feel pretty good with the insoul's they use, i think there soul is better than my system kobalt. Idk about the toe lift but i heard they really lock your ankle in. The only thing i noticed is that there slightly bulkly but probably not as bulkly as the 08 murrays. I would buy them over the murrays http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboard-...lack_Image.jpg

I called about those boots, but they didn't have a sizec12...They had some 2011 Murray Boots that work with the system bindings on sale for $129, but not in a 12. I did a search and found some 2011 Murray boots for $135 shipped at www.miamiskinautiques.com I had to get them. I'm super excited that I found them and now I just need to spend another buck twenty for the system to hold the boots. Thanks for the link. I would have got them if they would have had my size
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-02-2012, 12:21 PM Reply   
Nice work finding the deal, unfortunately your doubling your expense. Hope mama doesn't get mad...
Old     (RAllison)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-02-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Well I just sold one of my boards and bindings, so hopefully she won't get too mad Lol
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-02-2012, 9:55 PM Reply   
Nice buy! if you get the 2011 binding try calling hyperlite to get the upgraded toe strap hopefully they will give it you for free, idk if they will but its worth a try.
Old     (RAllison)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-03-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam6961 View Post
Nice buy! if you get the 2011 binding try calling hyperlite to get the upgraded toe strap hopefully they will give it you for free, idk if they will but its worth a try.
How do I need to go about that? What makes you think that they would give it for free? I would love to get it for free, so any advice would be appreciated!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-03-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
i would just try calling them and see what they say, i would also tell them you just bought the 2012 murrays. i think they might because you bought a whole set up, if not im sure you can buy them separately.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2012, 5:40 AM Reply   
I would also make sure you check hole spacing on the board vs. the binding so you know you can get the stance you want. Manufacturers went from 8 inch to 6 inch between 07 and 10. I think evo has a chart for compatibility.