Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       04-11-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
Does Jimmy have a pro model coming out? Take a look at this video and see if the board he is riding looks like anything else that is currently in the Hyperlite line.

from Chad Sharpe on Vimeo.

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-11-2010, 11:40 PM Reply   
Yea thats for sure not a current hyperlite setup, board or boots.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-12-2010, 4:05 AM Reply   
I saw that the other day and wondered myself.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
on his facebook it said he got his new franchise board.....maybe he is getting his own model since there is now space for it? but im digging "Franchise" as the board name....
Old     (bouvs)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-12-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
From what i know/have been told, Jimmy is working on a new pro model board, i believe that it will NOT be in the D.I.N.E. line. He sounded pretty stoked on the whole deal. I am not sure about boots though, he might be riding the TEAM boot.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-12-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Yup - new board for Jimmy is coming. Excerpt from an interview w/ Greg Nelson over on fuel.tv
http://www.fuel.tv/erikjernberg/2010...son-interview/

FTV: What goes into shaping a board for Hyperlite?
GN: Blood, Sweat & Tears. No, at this point with my shaping for Hyperlite experience and new input are the key ingredients. Working with Murray has been special, I’ve known Shaun for a long time and it’s a privilege to help him get the best board under his feet, which I know we have this year. I worked with Mike Schwenne developing the Tribute and he and I have always been on the same page when it comes to design philosophy. I’ve just finished up a project with Mr. LaRiche too and we’re excited for that deck to hit the market in 2011.

I can't wait to see it-
Old    HunterHudd            04-12-2010, 7:16 PM Reply   
It kinda looks like a flex board, I dont know about the wake take off or landings, but from the base and the way the tail and nose are cut makes it look like other flex boards. This would be pretty new for Hyperlite I guess, other than the Roam, but thats not made for the boat.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-19-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
def not a flex. took a look at one the other day. looks like fun
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       04-19-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Romes, do you work for hyperlite or ride with Jimmy? How did you see it?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-19-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
A friend saw it and said it looks pretty sweet. He described it as a blend between the Marek and the B-side. Props to Jimmy, that kid kills it and is a ton of fun to watch.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-19-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
God does Danny look Dialed!
Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       04-19-2010, 9:41 PM Reply   
All the boys look like they're riding good, that is a new Pro Model for Jim and I love the name as well. I think that was one of the first couple sets, but that's Jim, he rides anything pretty darn well. It was kind of tough as we rode different boards while testing features and stuff because I'd watch him do everything, ride killer and then he's like, "No not into that one"

A fun project and I can't wait to ride the 142!
-GN
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_nelson View Post
All the boys look like they're riding good, that is a new Pro Model for Jim and I love the name as well. I think that was one of the first couple sets, but that's Jim, he rides anything pretty darn well. It was kind of tough as we rode different boards while testing features and stuff because I'd watch him do everything, ride killer and then he's like, "No not into that one"

A fun project and I can't wait to ride the 142!
-GN

That board looks SUPER LIGHT just based on how fast Jimmy is able to spin it and it also looks like he is riding a shorter board in this, 136? Molded fins or removable? Couldn't really tell by the video. Maybe we will see Jimmy start doing some regular (left foot forward) spins out of him hahaha jk jk Yes, i realize he did a huge regular bs 5 into the flats but you never see Jimmy doing 7s or 9s regular
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2010, 5:59 AM Reply   
Andy, I was going to comment on the same thing. Dialed and styled!