Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ge9wQL-QSE
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
Lesson learned. Either double, or tripple, but never in between. :-)
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2011, 8:44 AM Reply   
Jarrod, the first part of that video made me miss the track and the sweet sound of 2 strokes. The 2nd part made me remember why I don't do it anymore! lol...

I have serious back issues from a crash from a year and 1/2 ago. I'll be going in for back surgery in the next few months.

Were you on your 01 CR? Do any damage to the subframe?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
Yup, that's the 01. Bike is fine. messed up my CIE graphics. :-(

My back is feeling pretty bad right now.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-15-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
Other than the crashing part, it's looks like a hoot.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-15-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Wow Jarrod, that's some major compression! Good luck with your back, mine is shot from casing stuff like that on bikes and wakeboardin. You nailed it though, indecisiveness kills!!! dub or trip, make up your mind quick!! I use these back patches called "Flector", see if you can get some, there a great sub for epidural injections....if you get to that point!
BTW, is that a chest harness for the GoPro that u were using to film?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-15-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
Sorry I am laughing at it... I was even pausing it during the wreck...... Hope you are alright.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-15-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
that's alright. I kind laughed too.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-15-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Damn sucka. Almost looked like you got a taste of the triple to the chest. Ouch. Nothing like that crawl out of the way, lay on the ground moment for reflection. I'm not gonna lie: I had a good giggle at your bike stuntin' all on it's own, too. I guess I cheated since I already knew it was coming. Glad you're alright. Get healed up so we can rip at the track next weekend.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-15-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
You have got to be feeling that wreck today.
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-15-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Glad you are ok. I got a kick out of the WOOOHOOOO over the previous jump then the UUHHHGGGG.

That track can bite you in a hurry, I took one of my worst falls on the finish line jump. Are you going to be racing OTHG at all this year?
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
Ha, Nice. Gotta love helmet cams. I was gonna post mine awhile back but never got around to it. Seeing the after effects with you laying on the ground reminded me. Mine was just plain old stupidity by not making sure the ramp was level before trying it-

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-15-2011, 5:00 PM Reply   
yeah, i laughed too, especially during the moaning part. haha! anyway, glad you're ok dude. and i'll stick to wake and playin' basketball...less painful. haha!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-15-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
Ouch x2! Glad neither one of you was hurt!

Tracktor,
Sounds like you cut the throttle? Worst feeling ever when the frontend dips off any jump!
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2011, 11:21 PM Reply   
Blake, broken collarbone for me plus a bunch of gnarly bruising. If I hadn't been wearing a neckbrace I would say it probably would've much much worse. If you watch the other video on the site you will see that there is a dirt hit right next to where the ramp is that is part of my track. I had just placed the ramp that day. I didn't check carefully to see if the ramp was level just eyeballed it. turns out that it was about a foot higher in front. Distance to clean landing about 65'. I kept coming up short cause it was popping me way way high. On the last hit i just wanted to make it once then break out the dozer and fix things. Bike bottomed out on the face and bucked me over the front. Just a stupid move overall on my part....................
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
Dang!

That looked painful. Good to hear you're ok. Hope you'll still be able to do T-Hill next weekend. My wrist is still half messed up from my low side on the Gixxer followed two days later by another on the sumo track a few weeks ago. Doc says I need to stay off of bikes four to six weeks. That ain't gonna happen.
Attached Images

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-17-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
Dood were you running in the rain? Tires just didn't stick?

Hoping I'll be okay for the track this weekend.