Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    ho Fell Down (gwfd) on T            02-19-2002, 6:27 PM Reply   
I only rode like 3 times last year and didn't really learn how to control the board very well. I had a hard time turning the board and really want to get better before spring break when i have a party at the lake. Any tips that could help me get control of the board in about 2 trips? I really don't want to look like s*** with a bunch of chicks watchin. :)

~Guy Who Fell Down
Old                02-20-2002, 9:09 PM Reply   
practice, and uh, practice, youll get it in no time.
Old                02-27-2002, 8:12 AM Reply   
The main thing is to relax on the board and get a feel for it by turning. Compare it to a skateboard on the water and ride it the same way.
Old                04-05-2002, 9:51 PM Reply   
You just have to look smooth and carve back and forth to impress the ladies enough
Old    excuse the pun            04-06-2002, 12:05 AM Reply   
I was in the same boat as you gwfd (excuse the pun), once I made it up I looked like a wooden plank on a board. The only thing to do is relax and carve that board so you get a feel for it, make it look like you have been doing it for ages and you just cruzing. Stand tall with your arms out and show those chicks your the man! Before you know it you will be pulling those moves and not to mention those chicks.
good like Bru..
Old    wake_n_skate789            09-04-2002, 5:48 PM Reply   
heel and toe edges but u have to be real gentle
Old    scoot            09-04-2002, 6:04 PM Reply   
Try leaning against the rope and looking where you want to go. You should emediatly start to edge in the direction you are looking. Another thing is if you let go with your trailing hand to put the board parallel to the shore so you get better traction and then slowly turn your body to face the boat without turning the boardand put your other hand back on the handle. This helps you get the board tracking well and keep it from sliding. Also just do what everyonr else has been telling you is to relax and let yourself hang loose. You will look and feel a lot more comftorable on the board and you will also feel alot more complicated. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old    scoot            09-04-2002, 6:07 PM Reply   
confident** My bad I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing.