Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2014, 10:18 AM Reply   
Ok my boat has always had the issue of trying to overheat when I first drop it in but once I give it a little gas it goes away and is gone for the day. I rode yesterday and on the way back to the dock I was running around 32mph and I noticed a burning smell. I stopped and popped the engine cover and my starboard manifold had bubbled the paint on it and started to melt the rubber coupling connecting it to the exhaust. We limped back to the dock and it never seemed to get very hot as long as I was going slow. After some research I've found out there was a service bulliten posted about the elbow and plumbing that sends water to the manifold to keep it cool. Sounds like it's the problem but my only concern is why now at 400 hours and not anytime before? The only changes I've made recently were changing my prop from a 2313 to a 2315. I bought the boat used so the warranty is gone so I'm trying to learn as much as possible.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-01-2014, 5:08 AM Reply   
Overheating when 1st put in could be caused by a worn impeller,