Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-17-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Im looking for a little verification that I have done this right or advice if wrong.

I recently installed a new system on my boat and I used the DD1 to tune it.. Very simple to do and the system sounds great but feels like I am missing something.

My signal starts out a Clarion M309 head unit. Using the DD1 I found that the deck does not clip at full volume (33). Just because it doesn't feel right to me to have it at full volume, I backed it down to 30.

Next the signal goes to an arc audio ALD line driver. With the stereo at 30 I began adjusting the gain on the ALD until I got distortion (there is a clipping LED on the ALD as well and it came on at the exact time the DD1 showed distortion) I would say the gain on the ALD was a little over half at that point.

Next the signal goes to a Wetsounds 420 EQ.. Here I hooked the DD1 individually to each of the outputs on the 420and adjusted the individual volumes until I saw distortion. This point was a little over half way on the 420 volume knobs.

Finally I adjusted the gains on each of my 4 amps (Syn 4 for the boats, 2-Syn 2's (1 for each rev 410 on the tower) and 1 Syn 2 for the sub.

On each amp I started at 0 gain and adjusted up to the distortion point.

This is where it feels like I am missing something.. When adjusting the gains up on the amps I would only get barely a quarter of the way up before seeing distortion. I have set all the amp settings and crossover points per wetsounds recommendations...

Should the amp gains be that low?

The system sounds great but it feels like I am leaving something on the table..

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks