Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-25-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
this weekend was a disaster spilt wine,beer,food,tore inteior.Probaly lost a friend over the whole deal people just dont respect it if thay do not pay for it.What do you do.
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-25-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
lose em

nobody needs someone like that
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-25-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Friends do respect it whether they paid for it or not. Users don't respect things. Most strangers will respect your property how can a buddy treat you worse?
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-25-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
i guess i am just to nice but this weekend was the last straw.They are banned from my boat for life.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-25-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
a friend won't trash your stuff...cut em loose
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I would do the same as you are doing, that's very disrespectful to trash your boat like that.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-25-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
I don't let food and staining beverages to be eaten and drank on board. When they get hungry we all go on shore. At This point the damage has been done if they are good friends ban the food and drinks and tell them why.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
You must be in your teens or early 20s. Stuff like this doesn't happen when you get older.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Thats such crap man I can't stand disrespect. If they don't man up and make it right I'd cut em lose fast.
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2009, 12:42 PM Reply   
+1 for- "if they don't man up and make it right, cut em loose, FAST!"

I'm sure you have plenty of respectful & appreciative friends/acquaintances who would love a chance to hang with you on your boat.

NO EXCUSES for rudeness and dis-respect...
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
greatdane, his profile says he's 32. Thats quite the stereotype you just threw out there. I'm 24 and I know how to look after my boat, my buddy's boat, and strangers boats, sometimes better than they do. Same goes for anyone I ride with.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Yes. Sorry if that offended you. Wow, time for new friends.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-25-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
I've got a couple of "those friends" they no longer are asked to go out in our boat.
Ask them to make it right, if they don't, cut em loose.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-25-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
I found when I was younger the friends that didn't pay for anything nice didn't know how to respect others nice stuff. No hit on your age but as people get older they usually buy something thats important to them then figure it all out. What happened sucks! Most have been there. Its hard not to be a d(*k about what comes on board but most of your buds will understand. The ones that can't still want to go so they will leave out what you don't want on board.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
I fall under that 'teen' category and have seen it all when it comes to friends disrespecting others' boats, but it all comes down to how the owner treats it and how you make it known how you care about the boat. My buddy lets a lot of things slide on his family's boat, and with that it is quite often a mess after a day/evening on the water. My friends know I am so picky and particular about every grain of sand entering our boat so they are more prone to treating it with respect and cleaning up etc.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-25-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
Do what I did. I had someone disrespect my boat last year after I helped them out. They where on a different boat that got popped for to many people and the driver got a dui. I was giving them a ride back to the marina when one of these fools started smoking after i told his drunk ass not too, so I picked him up and threw him off the boat! His other buddies all planted there ass in the seats and didn't say one word or move an inch tell we got back to the marina when they all said thank you! There one buddy? Maybe he's still swimming towards the marina! lol

My advice just don't put up with it. You give someone a inch they'll take a mile.

The best boating friends are the ones you see when your not on the water too!

They offer to fill up the boat, heck they insist.

They clean with out being asked.

And they treat your boat as if it was there own only better!

I'm lucky that i've finally found a awesome crew to board and party with!
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-25-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
I kind of had the same incident as robert did but with shoes. Guy wouldn't take his precious deck shoes off inside my boat, while leaving the party cove. I asked him to remove them politely once or twice. He was like, but man they are boat shoes and he thought they were soooo cool. Third time I told him if he didn't remove them, I'd remove him instead of the shoes. He said do it. A buddy of mine and me both stood up grabbed him, through him overboard with a cheapo orange vest and said see ya (He did have another friend of ours (his cousin's) boat to swim too that was still in the cove though.... so I Wasn't I wasn't quite the robert was ...lol.

My friends that come out w/ me on a normal basis stop people before they come in w/ shoes or if they try to smoke in the boat.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-26-2009, 4:56 AM Reply   
I had a problem with one of my roommates not helping out with anything. So I made a set of Ten Commandments of the boat and a 4 page paper explaining every little thing that bothers me that other people do or don't do on my boat. I made it pretty funny so everyone would at least read the thing, yet still hit the points that I wanted to make. I handed it out to the people that come on the boat with regularity before the season and haven't had any problems like I did last summer when I first got it.

When at party cove or whatever, I'm very particular to who I tie up with and who I let tie up with me b/c if it's a boat full of JA's I'm not going to sit there all day and kick them off my boat. My patience wears thin in instance like that.

But in the end it's your boat and you make the rules so just figure out the best way to keep the good one's coming back and making it where the bad one's never wanna ask.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-26-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
agreed. cut em loose. one of my good friends/ college roommate was a terrible camper/ boat person (never offered to help, never got off his ass to help with getting the rope, or picking up a board after someone's session, never cleaned up camp, never cooked - pretty much a sponge) he is no longer invited, and we have pretty much fallen away from any communicato.
Old     (g_miller)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-26-2009, 9:31 AM Reply   
It all boils down to common sense, and the people who disrespect your boat are the same people that disrespect your home when you have them over. It took me 4 or 5 years to find a group of people that I actually like to hang with, that also have enough sense to chip in for gas and respect my boat. It seems like people who have a boat, or at one time owned a boat understand much better.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
No respect, no ride! I'm real lucky that the crew & crowd we hang with either all have boats or know the etiquette and everyone teaches the newbs on what to do. On my boat my grandson who's always out with us takes shoes from everyone before they come aboard and stows them all under a bow cushion in a plastic tub, he even puts towels on the step on cushion, great first mate!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-26-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
One of my buddies little three year old girl goes out with us all the time. She is the boat police - its pretty funny when she calls out people wearing shoes on our boat or leaving their trash out. I don't have to do it when she is around!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-26-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
Maybe I'm reading too much into the spilt wine and beer, but it sounds like peeps were partying pretty hard on the boat. Trust me your stuff will survive better if you have a more moderate drinking atmosphere on your boat. How they do or don't make things right will matter much more than how things may have gotten torn up while everyone was being stupid happy. Any of us that have had a few too many have screwed something up a time or two, but how we patched things up after the hangover clears are what matters more.
Old     (ericlee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-26-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
This past weekend we were all tied up and I was at the end of the row and a boat pulled up and wanted to tie up. No problem so I asked if they had bumpers to which they replied no....Who not so fast my friend. These guys were friends of my buddy but they had no bumpers and I was using all mine. They looked around and found like 20 life jackets and they got pissed cause i said the life jackets would not do the job so I would not let them tie up. They were a lil mad but who cares...Your rental boat vs my Malibu? I am looking out for my boat not yours. Another lil problem I had was my friends were having a fun time and I was sober so I was getting a lil bit bored and tired of picking up trash that missed the trash can. So, I just started packing everything and I was like aight were headed back to the dock. They were bein loud on the drive in and I was all legal but didnt wanna draw attention to my boat and have the water patrol stop me so I just stopped the boat and told them to settle down. We got back to the dock and my buddy was like dude you dont have to be a dick....I was like 50k dollar boat man, sorry if you think Im a dick but this is my baby. I am finding myself not enjoying my boat as much cause Im worried about drunks on my boat...I am thinkin about bringing the drinking way down on my boat.....sorry for ranting lol
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
I hear all of you! Disrespecting the boat is disrespecting me and you are banned for life! If you ride on my scoot, do the right thing and ask me if you can bring stuff onboard. If I say no, then do not argue with me it is not coming and if you keep it up you are not coming. At the cove, I do not board other peoples boat unless they ask me, but some peoples kids want to boat jump from on to another and somebody's kid almost tried that and I stopped them before they even thought about leaping. Plus my wife is Colombian and she will tell you faster than I can what you can and can't do on our boat. Piss her off and she will tell you straight up to get the phuc off!
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Nothing wrong with that Eric. I, if ever, have very little alcohol on my boat. But then my friends are all older and have learned too. Learned over the years that alcohol, drunk friends and my boat makes for trouble. When your young it' hard to figure but you can have fun without being blasted on the water. In fact you miss more when you are! Not saying i don't pound a few when i park the boat though.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-26-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
David, my wife's Italian and shoe doesn't tolerate that crap either, in fact she's given many a serious tongue lashing for doing stupid shiatt! Italian have fiery tempers lol!
Old     (moombadaze)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-26-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
my boat, my monthly payment=my rules. Dont like my rules----get your own boat and trash it. Simple
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-26-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Exaclt as daze put it!

I haven't really had a problem with people disrespecting the boat or rules, we've got a good group.

I was actually pretty suprised with my friends this weekend; we were at the sandbar all day Saturday, they were drinking and partying, I was not. Every time we saw the police boats there was someone on the radio to make sure we didn't have it too loud, and when we got back to the marina they all pitched in with the trash, wipedown, and cover (which was funny after the amount of alcohol they had, lol.) I don't drink on the water, I'm too small and don't want to risk damage to the boat.
Old     (joec08)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-26-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
wow, I would hate to have to call some of those peeps friends.We have a crew of about 10 they all treat the boat like its there own.Im lucky to have the friends like I got.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-26-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
How about some pics so we can assess the damage. We can then tell you whether they should be banned or killed! Ha!
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-26-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
This is a great post. I feel better knowing Im not alone. I hate regulating on folks when they are on my boat, but I will/do very quickly. You have to draw the line in the sand with newbs before you even leave the dock. Luckily like some of you I have a solid crew for the most part. But folks always want to bring a buddy and that person can be the worst...trash,smoking,pulling on things,thinking the bimini is something to lean on,shoes..etc. I recently had a guy who kept beating his watch on the top rail of my boat and wouldnt take it off. I kept asking nice and he wouldnt take it off/take a hint that he was pissing me off. He wont be allowed to come again.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-26-2009, 8:58 PM Reply   
For myself i solved my problem like a charm.

If someone want to eat something that can cause a stain or drink something like this also ( wine, sangria, clamato ) i told them to go sit on the back of the boat over the swim platform if something drop it will drop in the water or on the boat gelcoat, they simply put some water on it after. I saved a lot of stains on my carpet or seats with this method and all my friends are happy they can eat what they want they just need to follow that simple rule ......
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
there is more damage than i first thought .My light pole is bent in a 90 wow.And someone put there smoke out in the back cargo locker.I will spend tomorow making calls and cutting a few frinds lose,
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-26-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
really sorry to hear that, cleanup and keep the good ones, life is too shorts to have morrons sitted beside you !
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2009, 12:16 AM Reply   
i haven't found i stain i couldn't remove or a crumb i can't vacuum up..no biggie for me but as long as you throw down some $$money, you have my respect and will be invited again. but as far as torn interior or any other damage?? they gotta pay for the repair and will probably be riding on someone elses boat!!
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 12:26 AM Reply   
Yeah stains and crumbs and stuff are fine and usually mistakes. But vinyl tears, bent lightpole, and people stashing out cigs in the locker, that's just dirty. Definitely not friends you need on the boat with ya.
Old     (moombadaze)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-27-2009, 5:42 AM Reply   
Thining out of the friend herd can be good. Those that remain will know that if they do the same they can sit on shore also. I know that if what you are discribing happend on my boat the people involved would not be allowed back on!