Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-17-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
I think I asked this before, but do any girl wakeboarders on here have breasts implants? The reason I'm asking is that with all the crashes and so forth, did you have any problems with them? What type of life jacket do you wear? Would it matter if it's bulky or comp? I'm trying to protect my investments since I had them repaired and this year I want to try back flips on the water, so just trying to do my research!

Thanks
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-21-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
Audrey...are the silicone or saline? If they are silicone and they rupture, it is messy to get all the silicone out in order to replace them. If they are saline and they rupture, your body absorbs the saline and you get a "flat tire" eventually. As a surgical nurse with experience in the field I can tell you that both can rupture in extreme situations...but I have also heard of situations where women have been in car accidents where their chests have hit the steering wheel and the implants have protected them. Personally, I think you need to forget you have them and just enjoy riding. If you continue to consider them as investments instead of just a part of your body, you will always be afraid of hurting your "investments". If I thought of breaking my foot again every time I went for a half cab, I might as well not ride.
As far as life vests? Just get one big enough :-)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-21-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
PS...as far as back flips go....I don't know your riding ability but I do believe it is better to be able to do all your 180's wake to wake and clear the wake heelside and toeside before you try flips. If so then go for it. If not, you may want to do some foundation work found in The Book before you try a flip. It will make you a more grounded rider. Proper progression in riding is soooooo important. Just my $.02 worth.

(Message edited by rnopr8 on December 21, 2009)

(Message edited by rnopr8 on December 21, 2009)
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-22-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
This thread would get alot more attention with pics!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-22-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^typical
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-23-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wife has them. Never a problem, except having to get a new life jacket.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-24-2009, 5:21 AM Reply   
I have silicone, above muscle now. I had silicone, under muscle, but after I tore my pec muscle from a bad fall, they never healed right and was advised to switch over the muscle since I have tight chest muscles.

Yes, I agree I need to perfect my basics before inverts and I clear most W2W and 180's. (when I put my mind and skills to it) LOL

Thanks for the responses!! I appreciate it!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-24-2009, 5:22 AM Reply   
oh forgot to add, I have silicone "gummy" cohesive gel implants now :-) If they rupture, it's a silent rupture and it doesn't leave the shell!!!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-24-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Dallas Friday has implants and I haven't seen it impair her ability to ride at all, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-26-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
Wow, she's my role model for wakeboarding too. I just wished I would have allowed more time to heal before I headed back to wakeboarding. But I'll be careful and wear my jacket too! I"m waiting 4 months till I board again!
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-15-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
My wife has silicone and just rides.

But, someone on breastimplants411 posted pics that they put their old implants in their driveway and drove over them several times without rupture. When they finally parked the car on it it did rupture. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Wife boarded 3 months after surgery and one bad fall thought she pulled something in the area. She should have waited longer or been toning in the gym first.

What VESTS are you girls wearing??? We posted in another thread looking for CGA or very floating comp vest for the bigger chested and smaller waist riders. She's going to try a Helium or Roxy
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-15-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
I went wakeboarding at 6 weeks after getting implants and injuried myself. After a re-do I'm waiting 4 months to wakeboard again.

I recently just purchased the Oneill Flare CGA jacket and it's very protective and I love it. I tried on over 10 vests and this one was the best for me! Good Luck to you Joe!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-16-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
Audrey...The silent rupture is because you dont know it. All ruptures leave the shell...thats why its called rupture...At least with Saline you know it and you can get them fixed. Getting ruptured silicone implants out of breast tissue is like getting hot bubble gum off your shoe. Sure...you can go for years and never know it. Personally, as a nurse, I have had to help pull that silicone off breast tissue...it is not pretty or fun. If I ever had implants, I would go for saline. At least I would know if there was a problem. Nonetheless, stop thinking about them and just ride.

Becky...did you ask Dallas if she wanted that to be world known information? That is pretty private to share with the world on her behalf.

(Message edited by rnopr8 on January 16, 2010)
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-16-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
Thanks rnopr8 for that info!
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Wife has them also, 34D's, and has fallen many time without any problems. But hers are under the muscle so it has a more real look and feel. But as far a a leakage, she wears a woman's vest that fit her right and the padding in that helps with the face plants.
Old    mojo            06-13-2010, 11:05 PM Reply   
dallas has implants? sure didn't get her $'s worth
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2010, 5:01 AM Reply   
MoJo
Thanks for the non-value added Male Chauvinist Pig comments...especially considering she just sustained a very serious injury!
Old    mojo            06-14-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
you're welcome. i think she's very pretty and very talented. i just did not realize she had done that. to help contribute, i know two girls with rather large ones that ride and they never have any issues. not sure how they had them done, but no issues. by the way, you sound like jesse spano from saved by the bell.
Old     (whirlycrowbatwing)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-14-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
gawd dang that skank is busted. her only redeeming quality was her ****, and they're fake. weaksauce
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 3:55 AM Reply   
you'll have to start a new thread the BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN! and i think they need a diaper change WHEW it stinks!
Old     (whirlycrowbatwing)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
shyt son aint my fault that bytch is dog-ass ugly. bytch is trippin if she thinks shes hot
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2010, 8:47 AM Reply   
RM , FoSchizzle and Robert- This thread was about 6 months old until you brought it to the top in the Girls Who RIde Forum. You can leave now. Thank you for coming.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-15-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
lizrd looks like RM[mojo] brought it back yesterday. but i'm glad i pushed your button.now you have stated your 2 cents, you have removed ALL doubt. have a nice day.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-15-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
First, this thread is super old. Second, I'm not sure why some think they must be ugly and negative with their responses. Seriously no need for that.

If you want to respond, fine, but keep with the topic and only post if your response is related to original questions. Your personal opinions on how others look and so forth are not relevant to this thread.
Old    mojo            06-15-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
first off, feminists please relax. second of all there aren't too many reasons for a boob job. if you have a mascectomy, lots of kids, or you want guys to look at you more/feel better about yourself. all those reasons are valid, but don't get all upset about it. obviously they are not for anyone but yourself, but at the same time they are for the eyes of others.

Last edited by mojo; 06-15-2010 at 9:31 PM.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Hi Robert,

Since you don't know us here in the Ladies Lounge I will let you know that I don't necessarily consider myself a typcial feminist - if there is such a thing. And, as a former high school teacher there is very, very little that pushes my buttons...which your post did not. I am not sure what doubt I have removed as you don't reference that in your post. I think you have listed the many valid reasons for a "boob job" - thank you for your contributions to this very old thread in our forum.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrd View Post
hi robert,

since you don't know us here in the ladies lounge i will let you know that i don't necessarily consider myself a typcial feminist - if there is such a thing. And, as a former high school teacher there is very, very little that pushes my buttons...which your post did not. I am not sure what doubt i have removed as you don't reference that in your post. I think you have listed the many valid reasons for a "boob job" - thank you for your contributions to this very old thread in our forum.
liz since you don't know me . You need to review all my posts in this thread.i didn't attack you or your girls thread. I tried to discourage the boys from their useless posts ie they need their diapers changed.you included me and accused me of reopening this thread .i was responding to a reopened and heading in the wrong direction thread. Peace be with you.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-16-2010, 8:50 PM Reply   
I think everyone who has viewed this thread since it was reopened had hoped it was another "boat bun" thread lol....its a forum with mainly guys, what would you expect haha.
Old     (Freedafurface)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2010, 9:10 PM Reply   
Well I wonder how many people went to check out Dallas Friday's latest pics after this. When I saw her in 03 she was flat as a board and tough as nails. I bought her board the next year. Hope everyone is having a great summer.