Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-04-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
Has anybody bought the Newt Juice Shooter yet? If so, how well does it work. I get sick of having to carry 2-3 bottles all the time and thought that would be cool.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-05-2005, 1:06 AM Reply   
Don't know how much the newt juice costs, but I've always used Dawn dish soap. Works great!! Dissolves in the water, cleans the bindings, cleans your feet and is slick as snot!! $2.19 bottle lasts us at least a season and then some. Multi use too, clean your boat, your hands and whatever else you need soap for.

I hear it cuts grease too!!! LOL!!!

(Message edited by kraig on March 05, 2005)
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-05-2005, 7:42 AM Reply   
I used to use dish soap and every time I crashed Id blow out of one or both bindings. I started using that green lube (dont know the name) and I hardly ever have blow outs. One quart usually last allseason on my boat.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-05-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
Dish soap is great as long as it's biodegradeable. I think you WANT the boots to come off on a big crash paul, I had a friend crash doing a basic wake to wake jump and slammed down so hard ( the board didn't come off ) and he ended up with a spiral fracture of his tibia- so much for the season. Boot lube should work fine as well, but maybe your boots are too tight?
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-05-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
thanks guys. we already use the newt juice itself, I was wondering how the actual shooter system works. before you put dish soap on real expensive bindings, ask around. I read an article a few years ago in wakeboarding mag that said dish soap will degrade the binding material. even though the juice is way more expensive than dawn, i think i'm gonna stick with it.
Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-05-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
I have the newt juice shooter thing. It works well, however i wish the ube was like 2 ft longger do we could leave it in the boat and lube up on the swim step. It shoots binding lube, so i guess that answers ur question if it works well. Id buy it again just for the economy value.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-05-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
The shooter works pretty good. It's convenient, that's what's cool about it.

You would have to put dish soap in your bindings for 100 years for them to degrade enough that you would notice. For most of us we never ride a pair of bindings longer than 2 seasons anyway.

I like Newt Juice the best because it washes out waaaaaaaaaaaay better than soap. I don't like to use any lube if I don't have to. Newt Juice is the best, and they give back to the sport so support our sport and leave the Dawn under the sink.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-05-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   
thanks guys.I'm with Thane, the newts rinse away great without leaving any slippies when you don't want it.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-05-2005, 5:05 PM Reply   
Why waste your money get a gallon jug of newt and then buy a 8 foot sprayer and then you can reach all the way out to the swim step thats whats we do works great!
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
I have used the newt shooter and the gallon jug methods. The great thing about the Newt Shooter is that it fits snug behind the trim board in the back compartment of my SSV. It is more sealed than the gallon jug with the whole in the top, so if it tips over it won't spill everywhere. I just tucked it in the back of the boat and ran the hose out where the hatches meet and hang it on the platform, works great.
Later
Tiffany
Old    skobi1            03-06-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
I use a garden variety garden sprayer (sorry, couldn't help it). I put a longer hose on it and put it up behind the pass seat and ran the hose to the rear compartment. Give it a few pumps and its ready to go. Holds a gallon

(Message edited by skobi1 on March 06, 2005)
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
we just keep a can of shaving gel on the boat for the occasion when we actually use the board with suction bindings. slips in real nice with shave gel and washes away instantly leaving no slippery residue.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-07-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
Jason - that sounds like a really good idea.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2005, 2:51 PM Reply   
The Newt juice shooter is a bit pricey BUT I have one and think it is the bomb. It is so much easier to have mounted in the back and easy to get to. I do have to say that in the winter time it is too cold for the stuff to spray and we had to use a thinner brand of goo.