Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    happ            08-10-2003, 8:44 AM Reply   
Anyone ride behind an old Supra Saltare or Sun Sport... How is the wake? Forced to sell my Toyota v-drive and looking for a cheep boat w/a good wake and room. I know i'll be ghetto but as long as I cun ride it will tide me over for a year. HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2003, 2:09 PM Reply   
the wake is very ghetto! just like the boat!
Old    happ            08-10-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
Is that wake in your profile behind your sunsport? If so how much ballast did you have in it if any? The wake has to get bigger than that...doesn't it? Is the sunsport and saltare the same hull if not is one better than the other???
Old    happ            08-10-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
Motoxer Just looking at some old post and you talk about "a knee high firm wake" whats up?
Old    matt_dettman            08-10-2003, 6:33 PM Reply   
Patience Shane....help is coming soon to those such as yourself!
Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       08-12-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
Shane your obtuseness has made my day. Thank You! Since my first response zipped well beyond your reach I'll offer another. The wake behind sunsports is great (I cannot speak to its similarity to a Saltare however). The wake in the profile picture is behind a 1992 weighted with about 1400lbs+2 people. I highly recommend it as a very economical alternative to the $30/40/50K wakeboard boats of today.......... Although it obviously will not be able to provide the pretentious ride you are so deserving of.
Old    str8jkt            08-12-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
I owned a Saltare and loved it. I didn't feel it needed a lot of weight (but it did help) and shape was nice. I ran 600 pounds and a few friends, loved it! I would own another one in a heartbeat as they can be had for cheap for what they are. Mine had 454. Gotta love that too.
Old     (tjhooker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
The Sunsport is the same size and hull design as the Supra Launch. The wake behind the Sunsport should be the same as a Launch.