Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-11-2008, 7:30 AM Reply   
Does anybody know what the expected water level will be this summer? It looks to me like the lake has topped out at about 59 feet from full and is now dropping.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?SHA

If that is the case, it will be a pretty tough summer with many of the launch ramps non- operational etc.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
The lake is rising. If you look that the CFS outflow, you can see that they are letting out alot right now. Each dam in CA that is state run is required to let out a certain amount of water for downstream use and to keep the river running. Folsom Dam does the same thing and Oroville also. .02

However, I am not sure where the levels will be.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-11-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Thanks to Eric Cassano from www.ShastaLake.com for providing the following water forecast link:
http://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvo/forecast.html
It seems to at least somewhat confirm my concerns.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
I was out this weekend and I cant remember seing the lake this low at this time of year, ugly for sure.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-14-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
From what that link says that Peter posted the lake will drop 65' between now and September? Am I reading that right?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
Thanks for the chart.. Now I am even more pissed than before. My local lake (Folsom) is going below 400 feet in July 2008.. The lake goes into 5 mph zone if the lake falls below 400 feet.
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-14-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Dont you think they are compensating for all the snow pack?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-14-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
No... The lakes are already under normal capacity and need water. The snow packs are anywhere from 110% to 125% but we need more like 210% to even get the lakes back to normal levels without the department dumping tons of water. So, we are no better this year than we were two years ago. I would say we are a lot worse off. :-(
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-15-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Unless we get some more storms through it looks like we probibly toped it off for the year..