Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (aqualung)      Join Date: May 2009       06-22-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
Hey guys I drive a 2006 Black Tacoma TRD. One day I was heading home from the lake and accidently cut this lady off. Unfortunately it was 1/4 mile from my house. Well the CraZed HippY came back later and keyed the whole driver side. Anyhow any pointers on how to repair it without a $1,000 professional fix? I plan to post a couple pics, but it did make it to the metal I'm pretty sure...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
did you not realize they were following you home or did they just get lucky cruising the neighborhood?
Old    K.B.C.            06-22-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
she probably isn't a hippy if she took that action. pretty lame, good luck
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-22-2009, 12:37 PM Reply   
someone keyed my brand new ( black) tahoe in a parking garage for no reason. I got estimates of $500 to fix. I used touch up paint and buffed/compounded it. It's not perfect but not an eye sore anymore.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
Did you see her come back? Have her fix it if you got the goods on her.
Old     (aqualung)      Join Date: May 2009       06-22-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
I meant to tell you she was a pedestrian..that's how I knew it was her. I caught her as she was doing it, but by the time I made it outside she had hopped in a car with someone and took off. Anyhow, I gave the tag number to the cops and filed a report but haven't heard anything. Figured they just threw the matter aside. I thought about small claims court but don't know if its worth the hassel. Maybe just a little vengence instead , but don't wanna get on her level. Besides she knows where I live and would probably just come back and hit me where it hurts...my boat.

I'm going to swing by the dealership and try what Adam suggested, just need to track down a nice buffer.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-22-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Ohhh good for you being the bigger man but I would have got in my car and chased them down while getting the police on the phone. I couldn't imagine CATCHING someone doing it. To quote John Travolta from Pulp Fiction, "It would have been worth them doing it if I could catch them doing it."
Old     (aqualung)      Join Date: May 2009       06-22-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
HA HA HA! thanks Cody. I wish I could of, but had a boat attached to the back.. bummer
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-22-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
I guess it's time for a mastercraft wrap on your truck.

;)

kiddin'.

sorry to hear though, what a
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2009, 2:01 PM Reply   
Be grateful that your life is a heck of a lot better than hers, and if she's dumb enough to be keying cars, she's prob not smart enough to make something of herself
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-22-2009, 4:10 PM Reply   
I'd be pissed!! http://www.break.com/index/cancelled-wow-account-meltdown.html
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-22-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
Call the dealership you bought from and or have your service work done and see if you can get their air brush guy to take a look at it to see what he can do. It'd probably be $100 fix at most.
Old     (chall8143)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
That video was crazy!! I can't believe he tried to violate himself with a remote. Dumba@#
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
Check in with the police. Press them and see what they've found and what they still plan to do on the case. You gave them some good info.

My car was vandalized about two weeks ago. While the police didn't catch the culprits, they gave me an accounting of what they had done on the case. At least I know that they took the situation seriously enough on the night of the event to work with two neighboring police departments to try to catch the vandals. Afterwards, they didn't call me to tell me what they had found. I had to call them to get their report, etc.

The squeeky wheel...
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-23-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Turn it over to your insurance Co. Let them follow up with the cops.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
The video kid need a good face plant to cure his nasty problem.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
A few years ago I had a situation where a guy I was renting a room to left under bad circumstances & decided to vandalize the place & steal a few things on his way out. One of the items he stole was a gas powered scooter. So I made the call to the Police dept, gave them all the details, including names & addresses of his friends & family. A week or so later I called & they had not done a damn thing. So I told them I was thinking about going over to the guy's parents place & taking care of business. They warned me not to do that. But I did it anyway. Caught the kid red handed on the scooter, closelined him doing about 25 mph, took the scooter & put it in my truck. While he's on the ground bawlin, I walked up to his garage & took the other things he'd stolen from us too. Then left. As we're driving down the road, the cops went flying past us the other way, I assume to stop me from beating the guy's head in. Hours later they showed up at my place to ask some questions. No charges filed but lots of warnings about vigilante justice, taking the law into my own hands, etc. I asked when they planned on doing anything about it & they refused to give me an answer. So I closed the door. Never heard from them again.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Good job Bill!!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
ha ha Bill

last year when i drove down to PDX to test drive my boat, we stayed in downtown portland at the marriott. parked in their lot, found a good spot, with plenty of room. i walk out in the morning to grab something from the car and this a-hole next to me had dinged my door. not just dinged it, but it looked like they literally threw their door open into mine. not only that, but they then proceeded to key my car. in like 3 or 4 spots. i was livid. i went to the front desk, and of course, they were no help. they gave me a digi camera to take pictures. funny thing was, when i was looking at my pictures that i took, there were like 3 or 4 other pictures of vehicle damage on it. 3 or 4 different cars! cheese and rice. we snapped pictures of the paint transfer on their door, our door, the key marks, their license plate, etc. had Louisiana plates. f'ing bumper stickers all over it. then we left a note on the window that said something like, we know what you did, we have proof and expect a call from the cops. we filed a police report (pointless) and then our insurance company went after them. it amazes me how little respect for others some people have.
Old     (cameronb)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-24-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
if it isnt too deep of a scratch... try getting on some of the taco forums and see what people suggest doing. I am on scion forums.. a few people on there can tell if its able to buff out & if not, suggest a local shop

good luck!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-24-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
ummm u drive a forein pos,
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-24-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
What a troll this guy is.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-24-2009, 11:21 PM Reply   
Just file a claim with you insurance company. This is exactly the kind of thing your comprehensive policy will cover.