Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-24-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Ok so the last 3 weeks Ive gotten my backroll very consistent (finally). Anyways I decided I wanted to try a tantrum. My first attempt bailed out completly and landed on my back. Second one charged hard, hit the wake released with my back hand. I got the biggest amount of air I have ever got. My buddy who I rode with all summer was in shock. I looked down at the water and then bailed mid rotation. Is this pretty common? Am I approaching it right? I will get a video up after sunday.
Old     (mrboston187)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-24-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
I wouldnt saay its common, but it does almost feel natural to let go sometimes. But in wakeboarding the rope is the key, so you have to just tell yourself to hold on, i remmember when i first started trying them i just diud weak little ones at first until i got over the fear factor. then it was a cakewalk
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-24-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
DO NOT BAIL! Never Bail ever, never ever never! That will just make it worse, the fall and the fear will start!!!! You will never land anything without the handle.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-24-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
Rule numero uno -never EVER let go of the handle on purpose in the air.
Also, remember the tantrum is a trip flip..you have to pull hard all the way through the wake and at the last second roll on to that front edge to start the trip.
Hope that helps.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-24-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
throw your head back and suck your knees into your chest after you pop. it throws you over somethin crazy, and it makes it easyer to grab indy in the futer. do a bunch of backflips on a tramp, and its almost the same feeling on the water. for me that trick has the most consistant motion moving from tramp to water
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-25-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
http://videos.wakeboardingmag.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=1191&title=Instructional__T ripping_A_Tantrum

this will help.