Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
Friend of mine called into get a campsite for this weekend and was told that they closed the "Point" where we've been camping and now you have to use the other side of the facility. Phone lady said that they're building an "Oyster bar"

Anyone have any details?
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Yes, they closed the point and from what I heard aren't able to build on it yet, so as of now there is nothing happening with it, it's just blocked off. Pretty messed up deal, it was some good camping.

They made that small site that is off to the side really nice with grass and pavers. You could probably put two motorhomes on it, and it has it's own dock.

Supposedly they installed or are installing 10 power sites on the other side also. If they could just move the dock over there it wouldn't be so bad.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-12-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
I was thinking bout camping there how is it? Family or party atmosphere? A lot of people ? Quiet loud, etc?
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
The point was always booked, but the other side is almost always empty even on holiday weekends. It's not the point but its decent.

The single site by the store would be the one to go for if you are just going with your family.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
The messed up part that I heard was that now they are charging you to pay a 10$/nite slip fee and before you could tie up to the dock no problem. I don't have a problem with the 10$ but the slips last time I was out there were in pretty bad (ok, awful) shape!
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
They have always charged that for those horrible slips, now actually collecting that money would be a different story. I have left mine on the small one in the main slew, but it gets really shallow.

The single site by the store has it's own nice dock.