Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       06-06-2010, 10:32 PM Reply   
Okay photography experts explain this to me... In this picture, how is the wakeboard line taunt and still going up?

It appears that the tower on the boat would have to be over 20 feet high. Don't get me wrong, I think Keith can get this high, but I don't see how his line could still be going up if he were really this high in the air. If you compare other wakeboard pictures to it, taken from similar angles, the riders don't appear to be near as high, but their lines appear to be taunt and going down. This isn't the best example but you can see my point.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-06-2010, 10:49 PM Reply   
the first one looks questionable but the second one u can see hat the line is going down, and it looks that it would be about tower height, cant say for sure, but i would say no, only reason being because everyone knows keith goes huge, so why would they need to photoshop it.
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2010, 12:37 AM Reply   
I doubt its shopped. A longer line might explain it?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2010, 3:42 AM Reply   
No Photoshop. The camera is very close to the water and the boat is coming towards the photographer in the Lyman picture. In the second picture the boat is running away from the photographer.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-07-2010, 4:09 AM Reply   
Good explanation Alan, I see what you're talking about. We should never doubt Lyman's giganticness anyway. haha
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-07-2010, 4:13 AM Reply   
Those are most definitely not photoshoped. Those are my homie Ryan Taylor's photo's (I'm 90% sure that the Lyman photo is, but am 100% sure of the one of Colin Ryan). I ride with the dude in the bottom picture 3 times a week, and I can tell you that he honestly goes huge every time. LOL, that picture doesn't even really do him justice, as he appears a lot higher from the rearview.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-07-2010, 4:16 AM Reply   
exactly
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-07-2010, 5:37 AM Reply   
Another reason that most other riders don't appear to be as high in the pics is probably because they are not. Alan's explanation probably has a good deal to do with it though
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2010, 5:42 AM Reply   
It's the real deal. Nice shot Ryan.
Old     (AndrewMulkern4)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2010, 6:47 AM Reply   
Lyman's rope is about 90' feet long and the angle of photo of the photo is upward, so its not not photoshopped, just the clashing angles
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-07-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
I would bet money that the photog in the Lyman shot is at water level that is an old school trick to make the Trick look HUGE. I highly doubt they would publish a pic of him with and photo shop it.

And COLIN RYAN RIPS!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
Alan explains it best, it is definitely because of the direction of the boat. Here are two more photos from the same shoots. This time in reverse boat direction for each rider, both riders are going big and the ropes go up and down depending on which way the boat is traveling, at me or away. I can also assure you that I do not photoshop any of my sports/documentary photos. (or many of my photos at that.) I have for the most part always been a "do it in camera" kind of guy.
Attached Images

Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
Interesting... Thanks for the explanation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like if you want to make the rider look higher, its better to take the picture as he's coming at you as opposed to going away. Thanks again!
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
Does anyone else thing the LF logo looks kinda like the Slingshot logo? Great pics for sure...............
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-07-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
not fun sitting in that canoe...
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
I personally think that it looks that way because Lyman just plain goes bigger than almost everyone in the industry.

He's good.
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
It is not photoshopped anymore than this is. This is me and my child, I don't even own photoshop. And, Lyman goes HUGE!
Attached Images

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Thats a funny angle Dean. Your throwing your kid up higher then the streetlight. Stop it or he'll get hurt! LOL
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2010, 7:23 PM Reply   
It was all angle, my wife was sitting on the grass with the camera. And it is not obvious in the picture but it is a girl. She is my number 2 girl. She is kinda crazy like a boy though, I can't imagine why.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-07-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Dean sorry I should have looked and noticed the pink shirt. She needs a cape!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Yeah Ronnie! YUKI!!!!!!!!!!!