Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-23-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
I was thinking of buying a blue lake or an old red tide if it was in good shape. Any thoughts? Anyone have one they want to sell?? Or does anyone know of any close out deals??
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-23-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
The older red tide are SUPER fast boards but they nosedive easy and are kinda like riding a bar of soap. The new Red woody is still fast but not nearly as squirlly as the older red tide and it doesn't nosedive. The blue lake is a great board. The one you should buy depends on your size (weight mainly). 230# and below I would go blue, above 230# red.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-23-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
I have a Red Tide and a IS Swallow. The Swallow is based on the Blue lake but pointy and just a little smaller. I am 250 and love the Swallow. I had the Old Red Tide and new Red Tide. I didn't notice that much difference. The biggest difference is the old one would pearl the noise sometimes. The other big differnce is the new one you can change fins. I put the big fins on and it is fast.

I may have the Red Tide for sale this spring. It looks bad but would surf great. I am not sure what I would want but it would be much less than new. Shipping would be the biggest deal.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-23-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
rodger, what do you usually surf behind, i am 6'4 and usually around 215 to 220 but after a bunch of knee surgery and lazy fat guy syndrom i am 240 i am looking at the swallow. I have an oogle and a koul, but want a new board for the new boat this year:-) have you been on the blue lake?
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-24-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
@ Doug I have not been on a Blue Lake but have not regretted the Swallow over the Red Tide. I am not that good but enjoy the The Swallow.

I have a 211. I would say a medium wake. I went to the polar bear ride and rode a lot of nice boards. I like my swallow and the Walker boards the best.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
I really liked the blue lake but at 250+ I think I am a little big for it. I would love to try the Swallow out. I hear its kinda like a sports car version of the blue. The Red Woody is a great cruising board that is fast and still maneuverable and able to spin.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-24-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Bigcapt if you are ever in the Bay Area let me know I am always looking for a reason to ride.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Roger I used to live in San Jose and in Sacramento but don't get back there very often any more. Utah is a long way from there! But thanks for the offer!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
The Red Woody is great for bigger guys. I struggled surfing opn smaller boards, im 6'2" 220lbs and can ride the Red Woody, Great board. I cant spin it but im sure it can be done