Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hey im geting a new vest and i never have tried JP so i was wondering what everyone likes i ben lookin at the stance molded and the A 10 Attack but i do not know what size to get or how they feel so could someone help me.
also i was wondering if u sink in them cuz i tryed my friends and it was to big and i sunk so would it be dangerous to get one thats not uscg aproved

thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
Depends on what you are looking for. I've been riding with a Non-CGA since I was 14, it's just what I got used to. I always make sure the people I ride with know that I don't float too well with it. I use the A-10 attack & really like it a ton. Super comfortable and you really can't tell that you're wearing anything. I'm 5'8" 145 pounds on a good day & I wear the Medium. I have some friends that are a bit larger than me & they fit into the Medium as well.
How's that for a $#!T eating grin!
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
so if u staped in to ur board and jumped off the deck and layed on ur back like the beginers start would u have to move ur arms to keep ur uper body afloat. does it hurt more when u catch an edge and get slamed when wearing one that thin or does it ubsorve shock pretty good cuz im learning blind judges and im always catching my backside edge and geting rocked im gona get it though..
thanks
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
i forgot to ask if u know of any sites were u can get some good deals on them.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
No you wouldn't have to swim. But if you got ejected from your board & were passed out/sucking water you would definately sink. It'll slow your descent but you will not stay above surface. If I let all my air out I "float" about 3 inches below the surface. Water filling lungs would make you go down. You feel impacts but it's really not too bad. Check out one of the fine retailers who advertise on this site.

(Message edited by stephan on June 13, 2005)
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2005, 4:49 PM Reply   
so if u could pick between the stance molded or the A 10 or any other jet pilot vests what would u choose and why

thanks man your being a big help
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-14-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
I just put a bid on a jet pilot cell block on ebay. There are a bunch for sale and it looks like I can pick one up for $55US. I am assuming they are a year or 2 old though. They are USCG approved and looks like a good deal to me. There were none in the stores near here to try on or compare prices so hopefully it is comfy and I am not getting hosed. Any comments on the cell block? What year did these come on the market?

I haven't ridden the one you were inquiring about though.
Old    team909            06-17-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
get the a-10 man they are awsome..just started riding with it this year and ill never go back..plus i dont know what all the fuss is about im 6 foot 180 pounds and it floats me fine!!! also check out "the law" by oneil

peace
Old    drewsky24            06-17-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
Get the Flippin A-10 GOSH!!!
Old    stopher            06-17-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
I want a black a-10 that is a sweet vest!