Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-05-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
have you guys seen the prices of the Z1's now. You can get them for around $3,100. I should have waited. We are gonna outfit our whole camera crew with them soon. Bye Bye DSRs. its a sad day indeed.

"ProHD" is NOT a format. its a gimmick.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-05-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
WOW who's selling them for that? (I thought you got the fx1)

""ProHD" is NOT a format. its a gimmick."

No comment from me until I see footage from them both but I seem to remember Sony also called the DVX100 a "gimmick" or something to that effect a few years back! In fact I think it was just about 6 months before Panasonic just took over the Indie market.

Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-06-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
here is the a link on the ProHD thing:
http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=32220

That $3,100 is if you buy at least 6 of them. Sorry for the confusion.

I got the Z1 because I need the XLRs. So far the only complaint I have with the camera(the HDV format anyway) is that the audio is just OK. HDV doesnt leave much bandwidth for audio and it gets a little weak at times. Nothing that cant be fixed with good plugins though.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-06-2005, 6:52 AM Reply   
I thought you posted a picture of the fx1 earlier and that that was what you had bought. How's the audio on the Z1 overall electronically? I remember having trouble getting clean audio on the PD150 I had but that was a while back.

As B&H is selling them for $4800 it's hard to believe that's not below cost at $3100.00 ea
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-06-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
No, that was the Z1. The audio is good. Not DSR quality, but still good.

actually I have gotten quotes from 2 places that would sell me the cameras for less than $3200 if I buy 6 or more. My mail server is down right now, but as soon as it is up, I will post their names. B&H wasnt one of them. I asked them if they meant the FX1 and not the Z1. They confirmed they were Z1s. Im still alittle suspicious though.