Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-06-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
Pretty stoked guys and gals,
I'm flying out on Sunday for a week long trip on a 90 foot triple decker baby. Anyone know of some nice fingers with good beaches. We have been going for the last 8 years but missed last year unfortunately. I'm sure the lake is completely different now. So if anyone went this summer and has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. We are coming out of wahweap. I heard the only way out is through the narrows. Oh well should be beautiful.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       08-06-2004, 10:01 PM Reply   
Chris..... I'm jealous beyond words or comprehension. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding good water midweek on powell. Have fun, take lots of pix/vids!
Stevo
Old    dwe            08-09-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
Chris,

I just got a report on the lake yesterday. Launching a boat at Whaweep will require a 4x4 or you will need to be pulled out. The water is well beyond the concrete ramp and is all gravel. They did add a metal extension that is primarily for launch and retreve houseboats but can be used by anyone when available. The water is still great but changing weekly. You'll just have to look for that perfect spot, it's out there. Remember to back your boat off the beach as the water level falls, that's a big boat to get stuck and try to pull off of the beach. My trip is in two weeks.

David