Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-16-2003, 7:17 AM Reply   
I blew out my Belmont Overlay's this weekend. I am looking to replace the overlay's on both of 01 Bindings? Anybody know who keeps these in stock so I can order new ones?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-16-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   
go to your local board shop.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-16-2003, 7:49 AM Reply   
Our local board shop does not have them and take forever to order anything from them. Thanks for playing though, next. Maybe I should have asked any online dealers keep them in stock?
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-16-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Call Hyperlite, they might send them to you. Living in Seattle most of us who have run into trouble like you, just go over to Hyperlite and they take care of us. It's worth a try.
Old    indo            06-16-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
my overlays also broke on my belmonts. I emailed hyperlite and they said they have none in stock and told me to contact my shop. my shop doesnt have any either! i guess i want be riding for a while. that sucks! i think i might just have to order some ultra sucks
Old    bambamski            06-17-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
A friend of mine ripped is Hyperlite overlays last year, they weren't belmonts, but it took Hyperlite 8 weeks to get in some new ones. That's half of our riding year up here which is unexceptable.

I ripped my Blindside cinch wraps last year and it took BS three days to get them to me.

I saw a great deal on some 01 belmonts however with all the problems they seem to have I think I'll stay away from them until Hyperlite can figure out how to make a binding that lasts a bit longer.
Old    indo            06-17-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
did anyone else find the overlays any where. My season will probably be over with before hyperlite replaces the overlays. It sucks that a 2 dollar piece of rubber is keeping me from riding. I think im going to have to get the duct tape out
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-17-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
John... check your e-mail.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
John,

are you sure they are the 01's and not the 02's? I've never heard of anyone having problems with the 01's. The 02's with the orange overlay are the ones that most people are having problems with.

BTW,

Hyperlite fixed the overlay problem on the 03's
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-17-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
I decided to go over to my local shop and the owner gave me a deal I could not pass up on a new pair. He also said he had great turn around time with Hyperlite and would get my other pair fixed no charge. I am pretty sure they were the 01's. These had the metal base plate and fabric loops for the laces instead of the plastic orange loops like last year. My binding overlay ripped by the in-step of my foot. Thanks for everyones help!! Peace
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
What did I tell you?
"go to your local board shop"
Glad you got it solved.
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-18-2003, 6:32 AM Reply   
Kristian, You were right, they hooked me up!!
Old    indo            06-18-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
well my shop just told me it would be a couple of weeks before they could get any in. any suggestions?