Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
I have question about the Switchblade. According to their site, if it is set to to 6, it simulates 1200lbs of force. When I setup my boat to surf, I have the port side tank full. This equals 900lbs.

Will the switchblade act as an evenly loaded 1200lbs if set to setting 6?

I would imagine that putting 600lbs in the the port locker and 600lbs in the starboard locker would do the same as the switchblade. Is this a true assumption? Or, does the switchblade load up the heavy side (port side tank full) with some of the 1200lbs of force?

After watching some of my crew surf behind the boat, I am wondering what I can do to make the wave bigger, better, and more.

I understand I can add some pop bags or sacs and get a nice wave, but I would really like to keep philosophy of quick ballast on my F21. It was great to switch between surfing to boarding to tubing at "will" when someone in the crew asked for it. The switchblade + the gate ballast would do it...I think.

Thanks.

Mario-
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2010, 5:06 PM Reply   
this is with the switchblade ,it gives more force behind the wave ,so you get more drive and speed ,I love it.
Attached Images

Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-30-2010, 8:26 PM Reply   
Ours goes to eleven!!!
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-30-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
one higher than 10!
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
How close is the switchblade to the edge of the swim deck?

http://www.switchbladewake.com/images/inaction.gif

From this angle this put the blade very close to the edge of the swim deck. If that is the case, this won't work for me. My little girls may run into this while they are swiming in the back of the boat.

m-
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-30-2010, 9:15 PM Reply   
It's close,but I don't think it's nothing that can't be taught to not mess with.

We seem to get in and out of the water without smacking ourselves on it,and our legs are a lot longer than a little kids legs.

I do see what you mean though Mario.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-11-2010, 4:27 PM Reply   
the blade is a non issue on hitting your legs, I found that I could make the wave much higher when set on the correct #, it does make a difference and I could get a great wave without crazy amounts of ballast. the only draw back that I found with the blade is docking / handling and when scooting 25 plus mph accross the lake the boat would twitch like some just yanked on the wheel, Avalanches are know to have a bad wakeboard wake or roll over on one side and the blade fixed that for me
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-11-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
love my blade as well it sits far enough back that hitting it is a non issue but as said above docking is a challenge until you get used to it
Attached Images