Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-25-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have a 2007 Black Scorpion 330 HP.I recently changed the cap,rotor,and spark plugs,engine was starting to misfire.When I took the boat out after changing them the engine no longer misfired and was running great,but it started the two beeps alarm.All the fluids are good and it was running at the proper temp.Is there any way to clear this code without using the CDS.Thanks Jay T.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-25-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
When's the last time the impeller was changed? Bad gas/vapor lock for the misfire condition? How does it perform?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-25-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
The cap and rotor were the misfire cause.It runs great after changing plugs,cap and rotor.Change impeller at start of every season and it's running at normal operating temp.
Old     (wdr)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-25-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Jay T, this is probably not what you wanted to read, but its straight from the book. Disconnecting the battery and a couple restarts is how my 350 Monsoon resets for anomolous fault codes.

MX 6.2 Black Scorpion and 350 MAG Black Scorpion (ECM 555)
Models
MX 6.2 Black Scorpion
Black Scorpion (ECM 555)
350 MAG
Horn Output Possible Cause Corrective Action Engine Usage Available For
Consumer
Single beep at start up Normal test horn No Action Required No action required
Two beeps every minute
Sensors Connect CDS to determine
and diagnose the problem
Possible 90% available power
(dependent on sensor). See
Open‑short in circuits dealer for diagnostics.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-25-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
sounds like you now have a bad sensor issue... the code will tell you which one.... funny thing is mine started the stupid beep after changing plugs cap and rotor.... blk pressure sensor faulted out... replaced and it stopped beeping... but you want to read the code cause it can be one of many sensors...
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-25-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Yeah found out the Mercruiser ECM555 needs to be cleared by using the CDS.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-25-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Mercruiser dealer here wants 3 hours labor to read (possible) codes on my 330 Black Scorpion. Ugh at >$100 hr shop rate!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-25-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
That's stupid and silly^^ if anyone charges more than $75, which is expensive, they are not to be trusted.. The scan tool Is around $400, it take approximately 10 minutes to read and or clear codes on any engine...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-25-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
3 hours labor is crazy. It takes like 5 minutes to hook it up and read the code. The whole idea of the code reader is so it doesn't take 3 hours to diagnose!! Thats a rip off go somewhere else.