Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonno)      Join Date: May 2010       05-25-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
Does anyone know whats happening with the guys at custom concepts that manufacture the Ropwinders ?? I have ordered but not received and they are not answering their phone or emails.
Cheers.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
I have been trying to contact them for two weeks to get a new motor and they haven't answered ort returned any phone calls. Now I'm trying to get ahold of pittman the company that manafacturers there motors to get a replacement motor because I have a bad armature.

When you get your Ropewinder, if you get it, I have come up with a work around fix that takes care of some of Ropewinders flaws. One there solenoid is powered constantly and can overheat and release the line causing your rope to randomly release while towing. And secondly stock you cant let the rider in and out while towing to adjust the riders position.

I tore apart and re-engineered a Ropewinder a member on this forum gave me, thanks Joe Sergi, it ended up costing about $10 to fix and now the solenoid only operates when powering the winch in and out, and you can adjust the rider while there on the board. Plus in the event of any power failure the winch locks instead of free spooling and letting the rider out! If I can figure out how to post pics I well otherwise just shoot me an email at robert@26states30lakes.com and I'll forward the pics and instructions.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-26-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
Saw your email and sent you all the pics. I can't post pics on here for the life of me so if you want you can post them up here for everyone to see if you find the ropewinder redo helpfull! Or if anyone else wants to see it.
Old     (jonno)      Join Date: May 2010       05-27-2010, 5:31 AM Reply   
thanks for your feedback, much appreciated, They are a great product, can't wait to get some more down here. I am the Australian distributor for those who don't know. I also am trying to post photos without much success, so any guidance would be appreciated.
Old     (mlb75)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-27-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
Not to be a pessimist but if as a regional distributor you can't get a hold of them that doesn't look good.
Old     (jonno)      Join Date: May 2010       06-02-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
Just an update - have just received my shipment of Ropewinders. Thanks.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-03-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
jonno, to post pics use the Post Reply tab or click Go advanced under the quick reply box.
Under the text box there is 'Additional Options. Click Manage Attachments and you can locate your files on your harddrive. It also shows the maximum size for many types of image files. You might have to resize an image.