Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (beckywi)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
Hey- a couple of questions here. We have an '05 V-Ride with the stock Sony X-plod deck, seperate mp3 jack and 4 speakers. My husband is looking to upgrade on a budget. He is somewhat familiar with car audio and has 2 buddies (non-boat people) 1 owns a car customizing shop and the other is an import fanatic -techie guy who is willing to help. We currently have no tower speakers. I read the $1500 solution thread, but any other suggestions for upgrading, should we work off what we have? What about batteries? Any ideas where a sub should go in our boat? All info, pics and suggestions welcome! It is a sweet boat, it needs a nice system to match.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-28-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I put a 12" sub at my feet under dash. I haven't upgraded the head unit or in boat speakers I just kind of figure any sound quality gained is not worth it in a boat. I kind of spent all the money on amps and tower speakers. I also got 2 kinetic 2400 batts and really like them also. I will probably upgrade h/u to an alpine unit this winter. Upload
Upload
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-28-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
Honestly there are tons of ways to upgrade the sound on your v-ride it comes down to budget and imagination. Good luck and have fun with it.
Old     (beckywi)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
I realized my initial post was a little misleading- for now, we plan on using the stock stuff and adding to the system. It works fine and per our buddies, they can work with what we have- I think the plan is amp, batteries, sub and tower speakers.
Old     (massattitude)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-31-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
Start with one set of Wet Sounds Pro 80s
You can alwats add more.
These speakers rock on my V-ride and they don't need a lot of power
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-04-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
or the 60's got a ticket for mine this weekend. i was proud of that ticket!