Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
I know it's short notice, but we've rescheduled the Wakesurfing Day for Sunday, 11/16 at Lake Elsinore. I'm hoping everybody can still make it out.

Last year we got about 12 people together and hit the lake for a day of Wakesurfing with the Inland Surfer board models and had a great time learning about this fun sport (http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2002/wakesurfing.asp). This year, we want to do another wakesurfing day, but we plan to get as many different models of boards as we can get our hands on so that everyone can try whatever they want. So far the list of 2004 boards in our quiver is as follows, but we hope to add more...

- Inland surfer Green Room, Blue Lake and Red Chubby
- Liquid Force Skimskate
- Phase Five Prop and Icon
- Shred Stixx
- Trick Boardz
- Alan Bogdanoff Wake MFG
- Hyperlite Landlock and Broadcast

We're going to run at least two boats so that we can accommodate as many people as possible. We've got a Tige and a Correct Craft, both with killer wakesurf wakes. We'll get there at sunrise and stay as long as people are surfing or until it gets dark, whichever comes first. Then maybe we can grab some dinner.

Please RSVP if you can make it at any time that day so that we can plan this out as much as possible. I hope to see you there.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
For those of you that are more familiar with Elsinore, is there a place where we can set up camp make our "home base" for the day. I'm thinking of a beach that we can pull the boat up to.

Also, this event is going to be free to all participants. However, we are asking for donations of new toys that we can give to children that have lost all their toys in the recent fires.

Any other ideas and input would be appreciated.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
Dave - There is a park just off of the channel (Lake Point park, just off of Lakeshore Dr.), where Shaun & the BYT set up. Give Greg Dick a call about it. If I can make it out, I will!

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on November 07, 2003)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, Don Jose's is just up the street from there...
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-07-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
Does anyone know the average depth of Elsinore? Are there deeper parts? I've only wakesurfed there once but my wake was noticeably smaller and I assume it was because we were in a shallow area.

Dave, that's a very nice gesture collecting toys for the fire victims. Very cool...

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
I would guess about 10' right now
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
Actually, I consider my kids victims since our back fence burned and we had to evacuate. This is just a cheap way of doing my Christmas shopping! :-)

Just kidding of course. I was moved to do it after the suggestions on the original Wakesurfing Day and seeing all the kids (including mine) at the evacuation center that really could care less if their homes had burned. All they were worried about was whether their favorite toy was alright.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-08-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
Jeff, when I said that we had a Nautique, I thought that implied that you would be bringing out your new Steve Largent especial! :-)

Thanks for the location info. I'll give Greg a call.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-09-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
David, I just found this thread,
I will contact you personaly.
Thanks for the email to remind me of this event.
Alan
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-09-2003, 10:19 PM Reply   
Hi Dave,

I would love to join the festivities. I will be at Elsinore on the 16th and my boat can be used if needed; however, I get off work at 8 in the morning so I wouldn't be able to get there until about 10.

You can e-mail me @ yucaipamylighter@mac.com
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-11-2003, 5:06 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me anything about Lake Point Park? Can you pull your boat up to it and load up wakeboarders? Will this work well as a "home base" for our Wakesurfing Day on Sunday? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (waken23v)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-11-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   
There is a dirt/sandy area in front of the park. If you don't mind stepping on the lake bottom scum to get in the boat, it will be fine. WARNING-It is real shallow in that corner of the lake.

I know that many boat dealers do demo days out of West Marina. They have a boat dock and a grass area above that. They would probably be happy to accommodate us. The bad part is they charge like $5 bucks a person to park or walk in and $14 to launch with two people and another $4 per parson in the tow vehichle. Plus, they are real hard nose on their rules. Good facilities though. With that said, I'm voting for the park even though I've never been there.

I'll probably have my boat our there that day if it is needed. We got a real decent surf wake a few weeks ago out at Elsinore with a 7 bodies and about 600 lbs. of ballast and lead combined. here is a link to like 400 pics from that day. They are real raw (no editing or deleting).
http://www.pacificside.com/le/index.htm
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-11-2003, 9:45 PM Reply   
Garrett, come and join us and give your boat a rest. Brooksby will be there. We should have at least three boats going (Nautique, Malibu, Tige). Thanks for the tip on the Marina. I'm going to call on that and Lakepoint Park tomorrow.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-11-2003, 9:56 PM Reply   
We did some wakesurfing at Elsinore today and the size of the wake shrunk dramatically once the depth reached about 6 feet. It took us little while to figure out what was going on since visibility in the water is a good 2 inches, but based on the depth finder it was obvious that 10 feet or better works well and less than 7 feet has a big impact on the size of the wake.
Old    buttacup            11-12-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
So since the projected start time is around sunrise, are you talking about 630-7am? I'd like to go but that means I'd have to wake up at 430 or 5a to get down there hhmmm, never wakesurfed before....decisions, decisions.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-12-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
Actually, I've changed the projected start time to 9:00 AM. Check out the article I posted last night at http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2003/wakeworld2.asp
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-12-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
The water is chilly at around 60 degrees so a fullsuit is nice. I used a shorty yesterday and was cold when I first got in but then okay once I got used to it.
Old    buttacup            11-12-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
Oohhh, I just read that and now I might just have to trek down for that.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-13-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
Be sure to RSVP if you're coming so that we know who to expect and can all hook up. We're still not sure if we'll be hanging on the beach somewhere or if there will be enough room to put everybody on the boats.
Old    beerdrnknboardr            11-13-2003, 2:42 PM Reply   
Hey, does anybody want to give me a ride or ride up with me from San Diego? I'd like to get there by 1030, maybe earlier. I've never been up there so if somebody who knew the way could come with me that would be great. I can take 3 others with me legally, and 2 others comfortably. Also, anybody know how long it will take me to get there from San Diego?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-13-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
Alright, here are the final details on this event...

We will meet at 9:00 AM at West Marina, which is located at 32700 Riverside Drive in Lake Elsinore. There is a beach area just outside of their launch ramp where we will set up our "home base." We'll have a white canopy set up with a WakeWorld banner hanging from it. This beach is most easily accessed by boat, but can be reached on foot as well. Unfortunately, the marina charges $5 per head to get into the area if you're over 12. This applies whether you're in a car or walking.

If you get to the marina after 9:00 and none of our boats are there to pick you up, call me on my cell phone at 619-204-2885 and one of us will come and get you at the dock or the beach. At this point, it looks like we'll only need two boats; a red Tige 20V with a red tower (Bill Jamison's boat) and a white Malibu Wakesetter LSV with WakeWorld stickers all over it (my boat). We have access to other boats, but we probably won't bring them out unless we hear from more people that are interested in coming out.

We'll be supplying the boats, gas, wakesurf boards and all the necessary equipment to get you up on the water. We'll also bring a BBQ, hot dogs and some sodas. If you want anything else, be sure to bring it. This event is free to all (except for the marina fee), but we encourage each person to bring a donation of a new toy for the youngest victims of the recent fires.

BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE COMING SO THAT WE HAVE AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT. See the article at http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2003/wakeworld2.asp for further info. Email me or call me at the number below if you have any questions.