Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-24-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
Brand new boat, just finished the 10 hour service and put the wedge done for some use. It looks like the turn screws were a little loose and came off into the drink with the hardware allowing the wedge to lock in the up position. Seems like it should be an easy fix, but my dealer is 140 miles away and I hate towing long distances using DC's beltway. Anyone has this issue in the past, have a fix for it?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
Never had that problem, but should be an easy fix. Try taking a picture of it and emailing it to your dealer. They should/might be able to send you the parts to fix it just by seeing the picture. Each one of the horizontal rods that have the spring/lock mech. in them are able to be removed from the wedge. If you pull the wedge off the boat and tap the arms from the inside out both rods will come out. You could send the broken one in for replacement and then just use a rubber hammer to put them back together.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-25-2003, 8:52 PM Reply   
I would think that you could find those key type screws at a Lowes or local hardware store.
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-25-2003, 11:52 PM Reply   
be sure to get stainless steel. rust sux especialy with scews and bolts.
-chris
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-26-2003, 8:05 AM Reply   
I forgot to mention that the thumb screws, 1 of I think 2 tubes inside to lock a side into place in the upright position and the spring or springs went into the drink. Hopefully a picture sent to the dealer will do the trick to get the missing pieces mailed out and I can do it myself.
Old    deltahoosier            06-26-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
I have issues with my wedge and Malibu and Cope's were right on it. We did not have to take the boat in. Just gave them the old one and put the new one on. Back on the water in no time.