Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
Hahaha, whats up Jesse! You know I'ma be in Chaska all the time once the lakes thaw out bro! Hope your surgery went well man, let me know if you need anything! Heal quickly cuz I have a lot of toys for us to play with this season bro!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-22-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
that was in 2007! check out the 2008 list: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2008/top100/index.html
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-22-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
**** not even on the list anymore! haha

whats up Eder it went good, already walkin so I will. be ready for summer haha
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-22-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
Oh man, Vadnais got the shaft in 08!! hahaha just wait for the 09 list...I'm feeling a strong comeback!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
I could take a look, my guess would be two 6 channel or a 6 and a 4 channel.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-22-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
Minnesota vol 5 ???????
Old     (amark)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-23-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
So ive been thinking a lot about summer and the riding season is comming up on whether it looks like it or not. Theres been some talk about a spring demo, and a contest/festival. I decided to start making a list of supplies that we will need to get things rolling on these events. Im sure ill miss things so people whove had experience or anyone with ideas just chime in.
1.) were going to need boats for both.
2.) advertising, whether it just be posting up fliers at local shops or what not. Id be willing to help post up flyers in my area.
3.) were going to need names for these events.
4.) beverages/food. Maybe we could get redbull, rockstar, or pepsi or someone to throw us some donations.. i go to a culinary school so i might be able to ask our purchasing director on who we could contact to get some promo's/
5.) insurance. Im not sure what type of liabilities we will incur. I think they might be greater if we do a contest, but not sure.
6.) Location.. A few people have mentioned FL for the contest. What was the lake for the demo again??
7.) Are these just going to be a one day event or could we have a friday night get-to-know everyone with camping and stuff. If so were have to have access to that.
8.) Fees, is this going to be free or are we going to have a registration fee. If so i think it should just be enough to cover costs. (if thats possible) I know none of us are out to make money off this..
9.) Is there any chance we could get some dealer reps to come out.. Andy You ride for Obrien right? maybe they could supply some boards for people to try out or somethin??
10.) Dates, when are we thinking we want to make this happen? I think i read April or something for the demo.
11.) Anything else I missed, which im sure i did...
this is just to get the ball rolling, i would love to get something going this year and i think if we all work together it is deffinantly a possibility!!!!
The sooner we start planning the sooner were be riding
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-23-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
Dang Mark, you keep this up and we're going to elect you chairman of this whole thing! HAHA. If we do it at all, and it's at Forest Lake the 1st weekend in June, I'll put my boat up for use. Sorry about the tight restrictions, I have a tough schedule. I guess I could trailer it if we don't run this contest in Chaska!
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-24-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
lets have it in Chaska!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-24-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
I concur with Jesse! Not that I live there, but I like your side of town better than my suburban shiat!

Again - Count me in for ANYTHING I can help out with, even if it is judging or driving boat, filming, flyers...I REALLY wanna be a part of this!!!!!
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-24-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
HAHA Jesse. Nice one. You know, no one likes a smartass Jesse, unless of course that someone is me!

If you do use my boat, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Old     (minnesota1)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-24-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Guys - A lot of momentum behind an event or 2 at Forest Lake. I've talked to Jade Whirley 10K Wakes/Shred 101, Kris from 10K Wakes, Blake from Forest Lake Motor, and Pete from the Laker in FL. Additionally, a number of you have voiced an interest in coordinating an event (Corey let's catch-up since FL Motor is also interested in sponsoring - Don't think it would be an issue).

Basically, targeting early June for the Free Clinic on FL and open to anytime in the summer for the competition/festival.

Also, I am on the board of the FL lake association and we can help with this as well (advertising, etc...)

I am thinking we will need to arrange a meeting in the near future to get some of this figured out. Maybe at the Laker in FL or someplace more central if needed.

MN1
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-24-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
MN1, I would love to help out, but I'm not sure how much help I can be down here in AZ. I'm not planning to come up anytime before March 15th. If you need a tow boat I would be happy to help with that.