Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-28-2011, 9:54 PM Reply   
Has anyone heard if theres going to be more boats and related vendors this year. I was hoping to not have to wait until the Sac show to see some new stuff. I went last year to Pleasanton and was totally disappointed.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       12-28-2011, 10:24 PM Reply   
Does't say on the website.

http://www.rvshow.net/RV_show.html

We will be there, but on the RV side.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-29-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
From what I've heard, you can expect the same as last year. Pleasanton will be an RV and Boat show. The real show will be at Sac Expo in March I believe.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-02-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
The website does show that there will be boats. It it under dealers and venders, then scroll all the way down to see the dealers list.

Boat Country (Axis and Malibu), Central Valley Marine (Malibu), Larson Marine (Malibu and MB sport), Liquid Wrenches (Mooma and Supra), Sporting Edge (Malibu, Sanger and Sea Ray), Marina Boat Sales Sea Doo pwc's, Nor-Cal Master Craft (Master Craft). There was a couple more, but it was ATV's.

Three different dealers selling Malibu boats? OOPs 4 different dealers.

I will take pictures of the boats and post them. I will be there both weekends.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-04-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
I hope this show is going to be good. I just extended my trip by a day so I could go to the show. I will be there Wednesday. Who's going?
Old     (adamp)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-05-2012, 9:15 PM Reply   
I'll be there working a booth (malibu/axis)
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-07-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
So I went to the show yesterday. To be completely honest it was a waste of time. They had Malibu/ Sanger from Sporting Edge, Antioch - Malibu/MB from Larson Marine and Master craft was there as well with like 2 models. It was pretty much all Trailers and hardly any RV's. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to checking out the new pushers. No proshop stuff, just displaying some of the new boats... So to be a negative nancy by it wasn't worth it.. Hope Sac show is good this year!
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-07-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilva View Post
So I went to the show yesterday. To be completely honest it was a waste of time. They had Malibu/ Sanger from Sporting Edge, Antioch - Malibu/MB from Larson Marine and Master craft was there as well with like 2 models. It was pretty much all Trailers and hardly any RV's. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to checking out the new pushers. No proshop stuff, just displaying some of the new boats... So to be a negative nancy by it wasn't worth it.. Hope Sac show is good this year!
How many boats did they have?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-07-2012, 11:22 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up. I don't need to waste my time there two years in a row.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilva View Post
Can you tell me which models they had there? Not a lot of boats it sounds like, but they have the boats I really want to check out (especially MB). Thanks!
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
Can you tell me which models they had there? Not a lot of boats it sounds like, but they have the boats I really want to check out (especially MB). Thanks!
The MB factory is in Antioch, CA. I am headed there on Tuesday for a factory tour. If you want to see the MB lineup, I think that the drive would be worth it. I am flying from Phoenix to get the tour. Can't wait, the next two days are going to take forever.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-08-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
MB is in Atwater not antioch =-) You will dig the tour for sure though, I think its awesome you are flying over here to check out the MB's
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto817 View Post
MB is in Atwater not antioch =-) You will dig the tour for sure though, I think its awesome you are flying over here to check out the MB's
You are correct sir. I was scared for a minute there. Thought I was headed in the wrong direction for a second.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-08-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
Anybody seen an MB F24 yet ???
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto817 View Post
Anybody seen an MB F24 yet ???
Only the concept on their website. I will keep an eye out tomorrow.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-08-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
Only the concept on their website. I will keep an eye out tomorrow.
Tuesday, not tomorrow. Can't come soon enough.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       01-09-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
I was at the show for the last 2 days, sorry I didn't take any pictures guys. I was super slammed trying to sell RV's. Lots of traffic for theRV's, but not very many buyers qualified to get the loan or willing to put more money down. We are still selling though.

As far as the boats goes not a whole lot to look at there is 6 Malibu's, 2 MB's, 3 or 4 Sangers, 2 Mastercrafts, 1 Supra and 1 Moomba. I think that is pretty much it. Again impressed with MB and talking to Mike at Larson Marine he really knew the product and seemed to be a great guy to buy from if you were in the market. The big MB X graffics I was not really a fan of, but in person it does look a lot better then on their website.

The Mastercrafts were a X-2 amd X-45 with the electric tower, not the top dog electic tower, but the one below that.

The new Malibu 22 foot pickle was impressive with a ton of room and huge bow space. Still don't know if I am a fan. I don't like the touch screen stuff. I wonder if you can have the option to not have the touch screens and go back to the old dash. I bet they are loosing customers that like the simple dash. I wouldn't buy a car with a touch screen dash board that does my cruise control, radio, AC/Heat and the rest of my car functions on one screen, why would I buy a boat that has it. My opinion I guess. When did flipping a switch or pushing a simple button become so hard for people. I have an 06 VLX and I like that dash just fine.

I will be there next weekend so I will try then to snap some pictures.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-09-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
The touch screen is pretty cool. It grows on you. We put over 200 hours on a 2011 LSV 23 last year and it was flawless.
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-11-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
$8 for parking and $12 for the show with 10 boats. That was a huge waste of time and money. Don't bother if you don't have to. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Price I saw on window of F21 was same as someone else said ($49995). Went to Larson after and they said that was $2k off for boat show incentive (no tower speakers or wakeplate).