Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-23-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
I'm not sure what can be done about it but the jet skis on the lower san jac in Houston were worse than ever today. I actually had a guy who was driving with his 5 year old kid come up behind me when I was wakeboarding and hit me. Yea hit me. I had to reach back and push the nose of the jet ski to the side while I was boarding to avoid being run over. Incredible.

Never thought I would wish for a ranger to be around but someone has to police these guys and prevent them from putting people in danger.

Do you guys have trouble with them everywhere?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
did he intentionaly hit you? and what do you mean hit you? did he give you a pat on the ass or something? that's messed up though
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-23-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Whaaaa?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
wait..

what

hit you

is that even possible??

how fast were you going..

this is ridiculous..
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-23-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
I was going 21.3 mph and we think he was doing what all jack a.. jet skis were doing, trying to jump our wake and he just lost control and bumped the back of my legs with the nose of the jet ski.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-23-2006, 5:03 PM Reply   
how did you not .. die?

that is by far the CRAZIEST thing i've ever heard
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-23-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
You are soooo lucky. You must ride really well to not have lost your balance! Did he stop or say anything???

I am glad you are OK!
Old    sking55405            07-23-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
That is just crazy!!!! I can't believe someone would actually get that close. I say do what a lot of other people on here do....Paintball Gun!!!
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-23-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
That's when you whoop his ass in front of his kid...guarentee his kid wont do that when he grows up if he sees the consequences of dad doing that.
Old     (wally247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-23-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
dude, seriously if he hit me I would of stopped and ripped into him so hard. and I'm still wondering how you rode out of that.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-23-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
2 yrs ago ... we pulling the kids in the middle of the day...we were changing riders my daughter was on the swim step... when 5 jet skis were flying by and one went out of control and ran into the rear corner.. luckilly my brother pulled her into the boat just before he hit and put a hole the size of a basketball into the hull...he was never charged or paid for anything ...the rangers "lost" the paperwork
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-24-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
THAT SUCKS!!!!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-24-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Friday we had a fellow boarder think it was cool to try and spray our boat. Guy wasn't very good, and sure enough, he fell after the unsuccessful try. Then a while later we had a Rienell try and run over a surfer. He was yelling and screaming about how cool he was getting so close to us. ?????
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
I say go with the Paintball Gun. While riding yesterday first we had a jetski tailing a rider and then 10 minutes later a 22 ft runabout trailing a beginner rider. Asking for proper boating etiquete never helps so I say fire when ready.
Old     (ck73)      Join Date: May 2006       07-24-2006, 3:03 PM Reply   
Last year I was wakeboarding in Lake Washington and a jetski was jumping wave and for some stupid reason thought it would cool to jump the wake between me and the boat, I had to lean back and ride over to front of the jetski, the worst part about it was I got some air off the jetski and didnt land it.....
Old     (tarkus70)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-24-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
justice is when a jet skier is bothering you all afternoon. and then you see him/her on the ramp with the ski pulled up on the pavement just enough so it does not float away. That's when you goose the throttle just enough to to make a small wake and you hear the beautiful sound of jet ski fiberglass hitting the pavement warms my heart every time I think about it. NOTE: there were no other boats harmed
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
I've been to San Jac a couple times and the jet skis piss me off. They don't have any consideration for the people who are trying to ride. If some d-bag hit me while i was riding i would have tore him a new one
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-24-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
I had a jet-skier at banana bend tell me I was beached in HIS spot. I looked at him and told him go park you're POS somewhere else.
Old    nitrobu            07-25-2006, 1:08 AM Reply   
We board on the San Jac 3 to 4 times a week, only in the A.M. on the weekends, because of this..Jet ski are a pain in the a$$. A good buddy of mine is the river sherrif and does not put up with jet skis being within 25 feet of a boat, of any sort. Man I wish he was there for ya! Ski by rio to avoid traffic..
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Elane, to bad the d-bag had a kid with him, you could have poped up and let his face see your board
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
That sux man kick his a$$