Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-11-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Tomorrow the freight truck will be delivering 25 pop bags to me, so stoked.

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
SHEEEEA!!!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-11-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
thats what I have :-) they are nice.

I put 16 in the nose
4 on each side of the engine (with sacks over top)
and 1 in the cabin to move around.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-11-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Yep, I got super stoked after riding with the wakeboardnebraska guys and their 25 bags.....so now I have 1,000 pounds of pop on the way in addition to my 225 in lead I already have!

Check em out if you havent already www.pop-products.com
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
Better than sacs?? You guys got me going now...
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-12-2006, 5:57 AM Reply   
I would be all about it but I have to tow my boat everywhere I go and I'd rather not have to tow that extra weight around. Other than that I really like how you can sitck them just about anywhere.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-12-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Sweet! snap a wake pic for us. i want to see that martinique slammed...
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-12-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
I have 12 bags right now + my stock 750# ballast n the X2. My back tanks have been acting up lately ............ so I just put in another order for 20 more & split em with my buddy. At least if the tanks act up I still got enough weight....

;)

Lzy
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-12-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hahah, $700 is a lot of money for a bunch of steel shot pellets. Although I am sure shipping isnt exactly cheap for 800 lbs either.
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-13-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
What's a pop bag?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-13-2006, 7:05 AM Reply   
pop products, check out their site mike posted. its a bag of steel shot. put a few here a few there - concealed weight no bags, pumps or hoses
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-13-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
Could I fit six of these in the cutouts in the bow of a 2005 LSV where the cupholders are located? (3 on each side hidden out of the way?)

Can you buy just 6?

(Message edited by eubanks01 on July 13, 2006)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Email Troy and ask him, if you are in Cali Im sure you could buy just six.

But why not buy ten and go in on it with some friends?

Ive heard of several Malibu owners fitting the bags in the bow area somewhere, not sure.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-13-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
SoCal Watersports in Murrieta sells the pop bags.
Hit up Chris or Josh and they will help you out.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-13-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
Acctually guys I don't recommend putting more than 400lbs of non-water weight in your boat.
Remember that most tourny boats will float when swamped, but with 1000 lbs that boat will likely go straight to the bottom if you swamp it.
Michale: A lot of us keep the bags in the truck and load them in the boat at the ramp to save the trailer and the tires from wear.

Eubanks: I believe you can fit the bags in the cutouts. The bags are 9 x 13 x 2...40lbs

Drew: $700 includes the freight, and your right...it is not cheap.

Thanks for the plugs!
troy@pop-products
www.pop-products.com
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
UpNoRtH X-1,

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/344938.html?1152807160

Especially since you live in MI and wouldn't have to pay shipping (Pick up). These bags cost about 1-3 dollars more, but also weigh 10 lbs more.

Plus I think it's easier to do the math with 50lb bags, rather than 40lb bags (when weighting the boat).

For everyone, buy what you like. I'm sure pop products are great quality, but so are these. And for me, they cost less for more weight.

By the way Roddy, you never called over the 4th of July. Maybe another time eh?

(Message edited by jovedawake on July 13, 2006)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have the benefit of having a boat this sits 3 ft out of the water so swamping is unlikely, and I am only planning on using the full thousand pounds when surfing on occasion.

As my first experience using the pop bags first hand, I had a blast last night switching the ballast around from rider to rider.

I wanted it more rampy, threw some bags up front, my buddy wanted it steeper, threw some extra in the back, all in a matter of seconds. IMO way quicker than my last plumbed in set up. Ultimately I think there is a beaty in combining both.

Thanks Troy!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 11:09 AM Reply   
Drew,

If I were to buy 800lbs from MetalTecSteel, it would cost me $616. That's 84 dollars I can spend/save somewhere else.

http://www.metaltecsteel.com/csi/prd/shotbags.asp

Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
we do a lot of things that were not supposed to with our boats :-)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Charlie Im beginning to think you have some affiliation with metaltecsteel?

I dealt with them via phone, and what can I say, Troy is a wakeboarder who knows the deal....Keep the money where the heart is.

Plus, look into metaltecs freight rates, they are high.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
Of course I'm affiliated with them, don't you know I OWN THE COMPANY!!!!!

If Troy is such a "true wakeboarder", then how about he lowers his price for all those other "true wakeboarders" out there. So I'm a "true wakeboarder", wanna buy my product??? I'm selling 40lbs of pencil lead, in plastic grocery bags from Meijer.

Alright, so I'm a "true wakeboarder" (maybe not very good, but a wakeboarder none the less). I'm just suppost to give the other "true wakeboarders" my money. They must be more true than me.

You know what, that's what I'm going to do from now on. Find the most "true wakeboarders", and buy products from them, even if that means I'm getting ripped off. Yahooooooo! I feel so much like wakeboarder now, I supported the cause.

I'm sure Troy is donating all the money right back into wakeboarding camps or something, right???

So where exactly are these freight rates??? coz i can't find them on their site.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
you know, if you're gonna push your product, you don't have to slam your competition to do it.

if you're not affiliated w/ metaltecsteel what-so-ever, cool. but what's the point on rippin' on someone making a cool product for us wakeboarders, that everyone loves, mind you?
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
Not to mention Troy is someone who is respected for going out of his way to hook some of us up....and now, some of you all are beginning to see why I didnt do business with this company, they were rude on the phone and when the freight charges came up they were in ADDITION to the price of bags, which makes POP cheaper.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-13-2006, 7:33 PM Reply   
word. T-roy is the man.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
hahaha! you guys are hilarious! do you guys really think im affiliated with that company?!?! give me a break! hahahaha!

joe, im not, so i guess all is cool.

mike, where are these freight charges you keep on making up??? hahaha

so how many people mike are begging you? show me one??? haha what a joke}

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-13-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   

quote:

so how many people mike are begging you? show me one??? haha what a joke

he said BEGINNING Humpty!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2006, 8:13 PM Reply   
Charlie- sent you an email.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
Charlie study the site a little closer...

On the site they say "In addition, Metaltec has many resources to help
you find the best freight rates available."

Call them and ask how much, then compare prices as a delivered product.

Begging me for what? I think Im the only one in this conversation that dealt with both companies and made a decision on who to give my money too.

Another thing about POP, my order was processed in CA on Friday, POP Bags in my possession WED.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
It is conspicuous that Charlie is from Michigan and so is MetalTecSteel.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-13-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Troy with POP is the man. I ordered 10 bags from him last month. They are the .... Had some delivery issues not related to the freight company and he still made it right. A1 customer service for a side project!!
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Wow Mike, there are additional charges when shipping?!?!? no way! are you serious?!?!?! but where are these "HIGH Rates" you said you have found??? Or are you just making them up???

why would I want to call them and ask for their shipping prices???
I live in Michigan!!! I don't need shipping...

Since you said you saw "HIGH FREIGHT RATES", then what are they??? did you call???? cause that's not on their site. You are full of crap man.

---Oh yes Craig, very.
Actually, I am a secret spy for MetalTecSteel, sent to destroy Troy and his Pop bags.

In all seriousness, I'm sure Troy is a great guy. Sounds like someone who makes their customers happy. It also sounds like he makes a good product. But no offense to you or anything Troy, but I'd rather have more money in my pocket, than give it to you.

Thane Dogg,
my baddddddd. small font on this computer. someone figured out what i made a mistake on though...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-13-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
charlie, let it go dude. just let the guy be stoked on the pop lead bags, like all the other pop bag customers.
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2006, 9:53 PM Reply   
you know joe, i just might take your advice.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
After watching this thread, I think for the extra 10%, I would, with out any question, go with Troy and his product.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
Another vote here for Troy and Pop Products bags. Best product and best guy you could ask for concerning ballast.

-Steve
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Charlie, at least twice now I said I called them.

I will quote Jim (the shot bag sales guy)when I told him about Troy's delivered price "well buy from him then".

I did. Now I am going to go with Joe and leave this alone...just started this post because I was stoked.

Anyone else notice there is no Roddy on this post lol?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-14-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
roddy would be upnorth x-1

still mike, i have asked you many times...what the freight rates are, and you wont answer that question. you keep on saying that they are high or they are additional (duh), okay, so what are they then???

i'm happy for all of you stoked pop bag owners, enjoy them. i never said they were a bad product, or Troy was a bad guy, I was simply trying to save a few people a few bucks, oh well.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Mike,

Have you ever argued with someone, and no matter how right you are, and however many facts you can provide, you just cant get that other person to listen, so you finally just give up because it is not worth the time or effort?

I think this may be one of those times!

Both look like great products, I havent seen the metalcast in person but currently have a few pop bags.

I think this is just a case where customer service won out on one side and convenience on the other side!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
POP Bags are the shiz... but their web site sucks!!! :-)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
who made that website anyways? :-)

I never got to thank you for the pulls Ronnie, thanks!