Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-22-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
I have a 96 Malibu Sunsetter that I am going to add an automated ballast system to. My old roommate had an 01 Xstar and when he upgraded his stock ballast system he offered to sell me his stock hard tanks.

Now I wish I would have taken him up on that offer. Those tanks sit pretty well into the side area ski storage against the hull of the boat without protruding much.

The total plan is going to be, trying to find a set of those, customizing the rear seat frame to house a 300lb bag and the 350b ski locker.

I'll continue to just manually use the launch pad twins, but figure this setup will help with the surf wave, and free up some time of filling three separate bags.

I'm in Iraq right now and have been using up my free time to draw out and do the research on how to do it, now is just finding the parts and getting the nerve to start cutting... Next stop is a perfect pass..
Old     (maxwake)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-27-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
First off thanks for your service. I am X Army and I appreciate what you do.

I sell Fly High factory seconds and new sacs as well. I also have the pumps, and fittings to complete the system. Drop me an email maxwakemaxfun@gmail.com and I will hook you up. www.maxwake.com. Where are you stationed in the states?
Old     (bigdave0924)      Join Date: Nov 2007       02-27-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   

perfect pass>automatic ballast imo

(Message edited by bigdave0924 on February 27, 2009)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-28-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
Brandon,
Looks like you might've be interested in these:

01 X-Star ballast tanks for free!*

*You cover the shipping
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-28-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
Thank you for your service.

I'd suggest bags over hard tanks. They're cheaper, more readily available and can be easily swapped out when your outgrow that setup. ANd you'll want more wake at some point... When empty, bags drain flat, giving you more storage. Looks like bobby may have a hookup on that for ya.
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-01-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for all the responses! I actually just got out of the Air Force last year after 9 years of service. I was hired on by KBR and now am doing a little contract work here in Iraq, subsequently I was just hired by the FAA and will be moving to Cleveland pretty soon, which I'm not too excited about... Too cold!

I already use quite a bit of ballast and this will add to it. Right now I run the launch pad twins (880lbs) a launch pad locker ballast (350) about 300lbs in lead and the wedge.

I want to mount the hard tanks to the side ski stoarage area in addition to the ballast I already have. I figure for just wakeboarding the stock hard tanks plus a 300lb bag under the rear seat and the 350lb ski locker bad will do great and when I want to surf throw in the launch pad twins!
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-01-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
Oh and thank you blake, I responded to that post! Hopefully he still has them!