Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-14-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
This sound great, right up to the Ramen noodle part...

Ok so Im all lines adjuster, master inboard and jet ski mechanic, hold a CDL and dont drink or smoke, I can also teach everything from barefoot skiing to air chair and love to work 100 hours a week while sleeping in my truck.
All that is worth 375$ a week! It says commission but Im guessing its really tips.

Job Title: Watercraft Mechanic and Insurance Agent
Salary: $1,500.00 - $1,500.00 Monthly
Description: This is a year round job position dealing with two different types of business (watercraft rentals and Insurance agent). For the summer months your responsibilities would include doing all aspects of a watercraft maintenance for a rental company (boats and jet skis), truck delivery of equipment to customers throughout many states, water sports instruction, general cleaning. This job is for someone who doesn't mind traveling long distances and working long hours in the summer. You may be gone for 1-18 days at a time being away from home and roughing it in the truck or tent. It is for someone who is always on time, enjoys working on boats and is familiar with newer V-drive ski boats, and Yamaha jet skis. Driving a vehicle, forklift operation, friendly, loves to work and be around people and the water. You MUST know how to tow boat trailers, operate ski boats and jet skis very well in and out of the water which is a requirement. You have to understand and executive written and verbal commands, learn quickly, and think ahead. This person doesn't have to be managed they can work on their own effectively and come up with solutions. You have to be available all the time during the months of May, June, July, Aug, Sept, but we also work part time March, April, and Oct. You have to be able to work every day of the week and time off all depends on our scheduled customers which changes daily. It would be preferable if you know how to teach and do wakeboarding, wake skating, wake surfing, kneeboarding, water skiing, and air chair because we occasionally teach clients lessons. More important you need to know the most effective way to teach clients how to learn or improve on these sports. During the winter months you would be selling PC insurance to commercial rental companies so you must have your license; and have or willing to get a surplus lines certification. This job consist of a base pay; plus unlimited commission employment opportunity. Clean driving record, free criminal record, drug free, tobacco free, and alcohol free work place. Great personality; one who will get along with every client in all situations. Please send resume if you qualify and are interested. This job is not for most people.
Open Date: 2/13/2013
Close Date: 4/13/2013
Education: None
Shifts: Day
Terms: Full
Days Off:
Openings: 1
Work Schedule: Summers are really busy.
Months of Experience: 12
Lifting Requirement: Over 75 lbs
Driver License: Standard
Endorsements:
Benefits:
Commission? No
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-14-2013, 3:05 PM Reply   
sorry Baitkiller you're overqualified
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-14-2013, 3:29 PM Reply   
thats insane!! i work 100+ hours a week every week...but i dang sure wouldnt do it for $1500/month! heck i make that much in 2 days of working 12/hr shifts.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-14-2013, 3:56 PM Reply   
At minimum wage it should pay almost $510 a week figuring only 60 hours. Minimum wage is like $290 a week for 40 hours and you don't have to know crap to bag groceries or flip burgers. That has got to be a joke. Oh yeah and get an insurance license too for less then minimum wage.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-14-2013, 4:37 PM Reply   
The more I read it the more I laughed.. Still laughing.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-14-2013, 4:40 PM Reply   
"this job is not for most people"
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-14-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
Like people who know about minimum wage!!
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       02-15-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
They are asking for a lot of skill in exchange for a few bucks. Essentially they would 'own' you and pay you less than a 13 year old paper boy.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-15-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
What a scam! You would be better off working Best Buy and you'd have more time off and make more money. Looks to me like modern day slavery.