Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-26-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
We have the monster tower on our boat and we want to get a bimini top for it. My parents dont really want to buy the monster tower bimini because of its price. Does anyone know of a company that makes them that will fit under the tower at a lower cost than monster towers bimini. The big issue is the top must be a smaller width than where it mounts because the tower curves in. Any ideas?
Thanks
Old     (barrygtx)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
I just added my monster tower. My bimini is way to wide now. I am having a travel cover made for my boat tomorrow and the place making it is suppsoe to be good with biminis. I am going to see if they can modify my current bimini or makes more sense to just make a new one. Anyway I will see if they can make one if so this maybe an option for you to check in your area for a bimini.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
I dont know about costs but we had ours made by towerbiminis.com they make them especially for under tower mounts, and the biggest coverage possible. check the web site out......
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 11:03 AM Reply   
Hey Paul sorry I was mistaken and posted the wrong site it is www.topsidemarine.com .... Good luck and give them a call. I will try to post some pics. of our bimini top when I get them. They were able to match the bimini top to the interior color and lines of our boat.
Old     (hixsonaz)      Join Date: May 2007       06-28-2007, 9:58 PM Reply   
I had a monster tower on the boat i sold about 4 months ago and had the monster tower and bimini on it. I ordered the bimini after seeing there was no way my old bimini would fit or be modified to fit. I went with the monster bimini and it fit perfect, functioned perfect, and looked really tight. I also think it really made selling it a piece of cake. (I know i'm sounding like a monster employee), but that tower never budged, which i can't say about my new one.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Paul I can relate 100%....the monster tower bimini is pricy. I bought this one (http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Bimini_Tops/Taylor_Made_Tower_Bimini_Tops/index.asp) and received it 2 weeks ago. I've been to busy out on the water to put it on...but I've committed to putting it on this week. I will let you know how it goes and try to take pics. It looks like it is going to work fine and is much less expensive. I wish it was sunbrella...but o well...I have an extra $250 in my pocket.