Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-23-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
Overtons sells a Bennett trim tab that is the exact same thing that dealers are selling as "wakeplates". I have a fixed plate that I believe is a cavitation plate. It can be adjusted but it has to be done manually via turnbuckle style rod. Not really thinkin about doing it but I just wonder what other Calabria owners thought about it. Cant remember off hand but I believe there is a two piston trim tab you can get.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
dont trim tabs just get you up on a plane faster? I dont think it will actually produce any more wake. It might help save gas if you are one who adds a lot of ballast. It might help deminish your wake for slalom skiers.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-24-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
The trim tab wont actually make the wake bigger it just changes the shape of the wake. From what I've seen on a friends Supra. The bennett tabs are the same as what you would find on the Supras and the Tiges.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-24-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
WHat are you guys talking about? The metal plate on the back of the boat? I always wondered what that thing was lol.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-24-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
Dan, if you adjust that plate down bout 1/4" it would help with the boat "porpoising" at higher speeds. Phaeton gave me that little tech tip and it worked sweet. I was just wondering if you could switch it out for an electronic wake plate. I think after seeing how much it would cost ($730 through boaters world), I figured my wake is good enough!
Dude I landed prolly half a dozen backrolls today!!! What an awesome feeling man! I think I cracked the code!!!! Got some pics but I have to wait for them to be e-mailed to me. I was having issues with hangin on to the rope when I landed until today......Now I'm gonna really start gettin crack ninja shakes. Hope I can get out mid week!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-24-2005, 11:51 PM Reply   
High jack thread

John/Dan - You guys are making me jealous. As I am traveling all over the US these days, I watch and see that you guys are riding and it makes me very jealous. Glad to see my boat is being used and loved.

The only day I ride is Saturday morning briefly with Northwest Hardcore crew. Although I did ditch work on Friday morning and ride an extra set with the guys. Felt good.

High jack thread over....
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2005, 4:50 AM Reply   
Laci that boat flat out kicks @ss! We rode with just the stock ballast and I was nailin backrolls. I'm gonna have to haul up to Lake Wa. one of these days, you guys/gals seem to have a pretty good group. Especially in winter! I have so much trouble finding ppl to go when water temps are super low.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-25-2005, 7:22 AM Reply   
John - Wait three weeks. I have some heavy travel coming up starting today. Then I hope to be home for a whole week. Woo-Hoo. I think that one week, if the weather cooperates, I will work from home everyday that week.