Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
.....just out of curiosity how many canadians on here have bought a boat in the states this year or earlier. ........

......so I bought one this year.( indiana)
Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-27-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
I'm in process - just waiting for delivery (to Michigan). The boat's coming from California
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-27-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
I know that 3-4 Wakecrafts have gone up to Canada in the past 6 months or so.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2007, 5:21 PM Reply   
Another Indiana Supra for sale http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/514694.html?1193432543

Sorry I could not help myself
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-27-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
......hey chris go for it we are your best buyers at the moment I believe especially with our dollar being worth more than yours...things were already great for us at 96 cents....now at a 1.04 its unbelievable the deals we can get.....and I mean unbelievable....its almost like your giving them away! (not really but you get the idea)....I cant imagine the business our dealers are losing....
Old     (deejay)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-28-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
I am also in the process of buying an 05 Moomba LSV loaded. I'm buying from a Malibu dealer in Oregon and currently waiting of for titles to arrive from the bank(previous owner had a loan). The wait is killing me but the price will be worth it(less than $28K CDN)
Upload
Upload
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-28-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
That looks like Bridge City Watersports in Wilsonville
Old     (deejay)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-28-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
You are correct on that.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-28-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
...sweet deejay!........believe it or not I managed to get my boat across without the title of the boat. But I did talk to CBS about it and they said it would be fine as long as boat was being sold to me legitimately. I had an Indiana registration and the owner came to the border with me...no problems at all. I even managed to get my boat and trailer registered in canada with no titles....just proof of registration in indiana and bills of sale. In the end CBS just wants their money and proof of a legal transaction. I am sure that if the dealer brought it to the boarder with all available documents....it would go through. Sometimes the bank stuff can literally take forever.

...I am sure the wait will be worth it....you guys wouldn't still be riding up there anyways would ya?

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 28, 2007)
Old     (deejay)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-28-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
..Michael..
I will check with CBS this week on that. If I can bring it back without title, the dealer can just courier them up to me when they get them. Bill of Sale from the dealer would be all that I would have I guess, the previous owner would have the registration papers?

..No riding up here now, last ride is typically in Sept, the lake gets quite low, and there is a channel from the marina that we have to go through, and last ride this year the water was at 24". Took my buddies I/O and had the trim all the way up and passengers up front. Saw some guys actually walkin their boats to the deeper water.

Will have to wait till next spring for a ride..
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-28-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
Dee Jay make sure you talk to one of the service managers at the actual border your crossing.....the general people who answer will just tell you that you need title and no liens. In my case it was a private sale and i told the service manager that neither party will give up the money or the boat without the other...so there is no chance to get the title as the guy doesn't have cash lying around to pay it off.....so this is when he said it would be fine with what I had which was the registration papers of the boat and trailer in indiana and the bills of sale...plus the owner came to the border....the day I went through, said service manager was on duty and everyone I had to deal with was already informed and there were no issues.

....yes the previous owner should have some kind of papers of it being registered in oregon or wherever. In essence the registrations had all the same info on them that is contained on the title.

Sometimes the owner may already have the title to the trailer....I guess it all depends...just have to ask and see what documents they have.

good luck

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on October 28, 2007)
Old     (needwake)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-29-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
I bought a couple of weeks ago - '98 Mastercraft 205...with the dollar where it is and the selection in the States its hard to beat...
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-29-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
What search engines and sources do you Canadians use to find your boats in the US? I have sold a boat up in Canada and will be selling a boat again soon and am not too far from the Western Canada border...
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-29-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
diggs...its all the same for us, the best web sites are american.....canada (god bless) well is just in the dark ages!(there isnt the same demand here..due to climate and less population maybe). ....My main sources were wakeworld ,onlyinboards and boattrader.
Old     (deejay)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
I found my boat on Craigslist. My second choice was a 01 Supra SSV that I also found on Craigslist.
...Diggs what are you selling?
Old     (coldlake)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
I would suspect you can get thru w/o title because some states do not title boats. Wisconsin is one of them. Our registration card has hull ID# on it, but it's no title - most people leave it in the boat in case of law enforcement encounter.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-29-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Diggs,
http://www.buysell.com/Brand/BuySell/Splash.aspx
This site is the Buy and Sell, or Bargain Finder publication. They print each Thursday and have their site.
Old     (deejay)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-29-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I called CBS and you do not need the boat title, however you must have the trailer title to come across the border.
Old     (sk_centurion)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
I bought my boat an 05 Centurion Lightning in the winter of 06! It was a good deal and I wish our dollar was what it is now. I drove down to pick it up! It was a new boat and was not hard to get it across the boarder! Fell free to ask me any questions I might be able to help you out!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-29-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
deejay,
I will be selling an 07 22SSV come spring. I am in Portland Oregon, so I have gotten a lot of hits from Canadians in the past when I have sold boats. I will try that buysell.com too. Thanks art....
Upload
Old     (phunnel)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-06-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
i'm looking at bringing a 96 v210 up from california in a couple weeks
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 4:43 AM Reply   
.....good luck jason.....the canadian dollar is flying....what a deal you will be getting! ...I bought my boat early october and thought I got a great deal (which I did) but if I bought today I could of saved another 3000 or so....unbelievable!
Old     (shesfearless)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2007, 4:54 AM Reply   
Thinking about savings with the dollar still climbing is painful, but at 1.05 I got a great deal, so I have to just focus on that. Now is an even better time to be buying.

Diggs, I used onlyinboards.com, boattraderonline.com , Ebay motors, and craigslist, in order of "goodness". Don't forget to post here, and on the boat specific owner forums.
Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-07-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
BUYING A 2005 VLX THIS WEEKEND YAAAAAA SONNN!!!!!!!!!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
.......you lucky sunov....!!!1.10!!!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Any 07 Supra's out there? 21v or the 22ssv. A loaded 21v is still around $60 k Canadian. I have ordered an 08 Moomba LSV but if a great deal came up on a Supra it would be a nice upgrade. Anyone know how much the 08's are selling for in the US?
Old     (deejay)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-07-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
I picked up my 05 Moomba LSV this weekend in portland. No troubles at the border, just make sure you have the original titles and bills of sale for the boat and trailer.
Cant wait till spring....

Trent.... check out this dealer, they may have some 07 supras in stock... http://www.activeh2o.com/supra.php
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
...boy with the exchange....you could probably pick up one of those 2007 21 v for 42000 canadian plus tax......wow!!..........oh and congrats deejay....yes it will be along winter!!

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on November 07, 2007)
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-07-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
bought a 01 air last year (portland area) when the dollar was at 92 cents. I thought it was a good deal then, I guess I should have waited a year!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
..........can you guys say ...."accessories!!"
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Trent you can have this 07 22SSV Limited for 52K USD. I have ordered an 08 that will be here in Jan. The limited comes loaded with 340 hp upgrade,Z5 cargo, 2 big amps sub trick graphics. I added heater, bumped ballast from 1450 to 2550, and few other things.
Upload
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
I REALLY WOULD LIKE IT, BUT MY WIFE TOOK ONE LOOK AT THE PHOTO AND, NO OFFENSE, BUT SHE DOES NOT LIKE THE SPECIAL EDITION GRAPHICS AT ALL. THE LSV I ORDERED WAS RED ON TOP AND BLACK ON THE BOTTOM. I HAVE A RED TRUCK SO IT WOULD LOOK GREAT. I DON'T THINK IT WILL LAST LONG.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-07-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
.......has your wife been in a supra....with the playpen etc..?........my wife was against a new boat forever right up until I bought the supra.....that first night she fell in love with it .....I couldn't believe it...but she loved the interior look feel and function.....its just for that kind of money you want luxury!....although I know the moombas have become much nicer......and I am sure you will love it.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on November 07, 2007)
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
If it wasn't the extra $8-10k I would absolutely love a Supra. Even if we take the Moomba it will be a huge step up from our Mariah. Although it is a beautiful boat for an I/O.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
I sold my last boat to a canadian it's pretty painless and right now with the current exchange we're selling lots of cars to them too. If I lived up there anywhere near the border I'd be coming down I think the exchange was 1.10 today 10% is a pretty huge discount on top of our lower price points.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-07-2007, 9:04 PM Reply   
In July the Kelowna Sanger Dealer was selling 215's for $70k. Now you could get one in the States for $40k CDN. There's a 30% difference in the $ since February. Great if you're looking for a US product. Not so hot if you're selling lumber, or beef, or any export.
Should make for an interesting year up here.
Old     (wakecrazy21v)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-07-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
I am selling my limited also, as far as the graphics take them off and you have a red and black 22. Then put the graphics you like on.Upload
Upload
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-08-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
There seems to be more boats for sale in this thread than the "boats for sales" thread. I think the Limited editions look sweet. How much trouble would it be to get that entire brick pattern off of the boat?
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-15-2007, 5:14 AM Reply   
hey cale congrats on the boat....gonna add you in here too.

Man I dont think a lot of canadians who buy boats are on this site....but our dealers are sure losing a lot of business if the ones who have posted are a snapshot.........and I still haven't seen any drops in prices like some other retailers have done.
Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
oh its unreal. They need to do something quick!! A dealer offered me 39,000 for my moomba lsv! Like that is crazy high!!! I picked up the vlx for 42000 american so it was about 40000. I pretty much lost nothing and got a way better boat!
Old     (yager97)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-15-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
A dealer offered you 39,000 for your LSV??? your not talking trade in I assume, that's a canadian asking price? I'm trying to unload my 03 gravity games lsv for a V-ride and I was offered between 20-25k for it, i paid 33 before taxes last year, which was a little high, thats 10 grand depreciation in less than a year. Wish I had of waited till now to buy!!!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-15-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
wow!!!......thats unbelievable!....I am speechless.......hmmm....wonder how things will be at the end of next summer?
Old     (rb23lsv)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-15-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
I just picked up this 04 23LSV in Arizona. Looked at the boat Cale bought too, it was loaded right up, but the rust on the V-drive made me a little scared plus the guy wouldn't let us water test it due to time constraints. It's definitely better looking boat than the one I got though! I'm sure it's solid, I just wasn't willing to chance it. I've heard of guys disconnecting their hour meters, so looking for rust can be a sign there might be more hours on the boat than the gauge reads. Just a thought.
Upload
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-15-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
If things are so good find me a deal I can't refuse on an 07 VTX , V-ride or a Supra 20 ssv, 21v. I haven't looked at the X1 or X2 much because of the pricing. Must have tandem trailer.(Bad experience with a single axle)
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-15-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
..Trent from my experience if you find any 2006 supra 21 v ......I have seen people letting them go anywhere between 37000 and 39000....as the year goes on maybe cheaper.....but I know first hand those prices have been accepted by sellers. But most aren't listing at those prices so you have got to make the firm offer....never know what will happen. It def. helps if you know what kind of boat you want.....so your not just a tire kicker but a serious buyer if the boat is nice.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on November 15, 2007)
Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
In response to Rye Bolts comment ya we got it all inspected at an authorized malibu dealer. THey took it for a water test and said everything was perfect. The guy we bought it off was the international sales rep for fox racing so he was always out of the country!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-16-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
Michael Z. I think I may have narrowed the list down to a Supra 21v or the Malibu VTX. I was in an 07 VTX yesterday and was very impressed. I have not actually been able to go through the 21v from top to bottom. As a first time tournament boat buyer I am just really trying to make sure I know what I am getting myself into. All of the comments and answers have been a great help. Keep then coming and lets find the boat that I (and the wife) will be happy with for years to come.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-16-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
.......well it all ultimately depends on what you can spend....not what you want too!...when I first started out I had my mind set on a 2002 supra ssv........but then I wanted a newer tower then wrap around seating...newer....a little more bling etc.....my budget grew by about 10000 grand over what I wanted to spend. So if this is your one boat for many years...buy what your gonna love!!!!.....you need to feel that way about your boat after all that money your gonna spend...
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Trent, I have an 06 Supra 21V that is loaded and I'm wanting 41K. It has about 154 hours on it, and comes with about 3.5 yrs of full warranty left.

Rye Bolts was looking into it as well, but ended up getting the LSV. I'm motivated to sell. I'll have to put up a couple of pics later today. Email me is you have questions about it.

(Message edited by BBR on November 16, 2007)