Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       06-28-2007, 2:44 AM Reply   
I'm picking up my '05 Wakesetter on FRI, and wanted to know how my 2001 Tundra is going handle the tow. It has the 4.7 liter V8 and about 110K miles. Also, what drive settings should I use (i.e. what gear and should I use the "OD off" setting)? One other thing. I'm told that I need an additional hook up for the trailer. I have the basic hitch/electric hookup, but I was told that there's an additional one that pertains to the trailer brakes, maybe it's called a 7 hole?? Anyone know about that, and if so, how much to get it installed? Thanks so much in advance!!
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2007, 5:24 AM Reply   
Should be fine, I tow a 06 Vride with 600lb lead with no problem. I've towed it as far as 400miles with out any problem. The 7 hole is for backing up, it is actuated by your reverse lights. You can still tow with out it. When you go to back the trailer you need to get out and put the top male pin of the trailers plug in the first female hole of the truck plug (next to the male ground), then turn on your lights in the truck. This will allow you to back the trailer with out locking the brakes. It's a work-around that works fine, just a little PIA. Great boat btw.
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-28-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
Patrick,
I have an 02 limited with everything the same and tow with the od off and you need a five flat trailer plug. I have an 01 VLX and have towed a few times with no trouble. You will feel it back there for sure. I use the wifes tahoe now because its got more room and is heavier. I think if its your only option then you can make it work just take it easy. Congrads on the new boat and enjoy it.

P.S. your other thread about lake Pyramid, its ok but your going to like Castaic or Piru. I like Piru because they do not allow pwc's.
http://www.caoutdoors.com/Lakes_MainPage.htm = link for Ca. lakes