Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-10-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
Places to Ride Tallahassee Florida?

We are from Central Florida. We will be travelling to Tallahassee next weekend for a family event. We would still like to get some riding/practice time in before the USA Wakeboard Nationals. We can have our boat with us, but are not familiar with the area. Any help to locate a place to ride would be appreciated. Fresh water a must for our boat.

Any help with a place to put in/ride or a place that we can purchase a couple of pulls (Sat/Sun) would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-11-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
any help?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-11-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
Lemme see if my friend can scare up some info for you Tim.
Old    ryno007            07-12-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
Sorry Tim, my Internet's been out since Sunday afternoon due to the hurricane. Good spots are hard to come by here in Tallahassee, but there are a few. Lake Bradford is the lone ridable lake in Tally that I know, and it's access is at FSU's Reservation off Lk. Bradford Rd. Launch fee for non-students is $10, and it's open from 12-7 p.m. on the weekends. If you go there, don't wait too much past 12, because they limit launches to 3-4 boats on the weekends and it fills up fast. It tends to chop up with tubers/skiers, unfortunately, but at least it's close. My favorite area is the Ochlockonee River State Park, which is about 30-40 minutes outside of Tallahassee. Launch fee is $6, and it's a better ramp. If you go there, run out the canal, turn right, and head up river to find smooth water (away from the rec boaters). You can go under the US98 bridge, and even further upriver past the old railroad bridge (cross on the left as you approach - you'll see what I mean). It's a little further out of town, but almost always clean, deep water. I've been want to explore the St. Mark's River, but haven't got a chance yet. I'll be in Orlando this weekend, so good luck. Let me know if you need driving directions to either spot...you should be able to find them w/ a quick Web search.
Old     (oldguy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-12-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Ryan!!!