Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    ace5693            10-14-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
i recently purchesed a 07 jet pilot a10 attck comp vest and my dad thinks its too small, but i think it fits, so i thought id ask wakeworld, it fits me snug and its not incredible tight on me. so is this the right fit or should i send it back and get a size bigger
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-14-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
well is it a coast guard approved or not
cause if its not they usually look alot smaller and fit a little tighter
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-14-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
the a-10 is not coast guard approved.

and yah you want a vest like that to fit snug, as long as you dont have troubel getting your arms through the holes and you can buckle it closed i would say its a good fit.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-14-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Love Jet Pilot and it should be snug no matter what kind of vest it is.
Old    ace5693            10-14-2006, 11:18 AM Reply   
alright thats what i thought,. if you guys get a chance pick his vest up, its awsome
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-15-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
not worth my life, or a ticket strictly for a "cool factor"
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-15-2006, 11:28 PM Reply   
Wait.. you are asking an online messageboard if your lifejacket is too big for you?

If it fits snug, keep it. If it feels good but you think you should send it back for a different size just because your dad says so, you need help.
Old     (jesswake_snow)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
I just started riding and I have a jet pilot falcon and a hyperlite agent vest. I got a killer deal on my falcon vest and it looks like would float you better than the a-10. I just havent found alot of reviews on it. I only float an inch or so lower than my cga vest. I would only have a non cga vest if you also have a cga vest you like and wear.The only reason to own a non cga vest is if you ride a small lake(no ticket), a lot of comps, and/or ride w/ a good group of people. I do notice the lack of padding on massive face plants. I would say dont use it if your body type doenst naturally float. Blow out all your air, dont move and see how you float. Either way passed out face down cga or not,your in trouble. Ridding w/ people that arent on the ball is the biggest threat. But on the other hand if your face down in a non cga vest and you dont naturally float. Your underwater!