Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-11-2009, 8:54 PM Reply   
We have a 98 Tige PRE 2100wt and we are going to put ballast in the back to replace the rear seat as there isn't enough space under the seat to place enough ballast weight. We want something that still allows for people to sit where the back seat is currently. The distance from side to side is 60 inches. From what I've been able to find I think I have narrowed it down to 2 options but I'd love feedback and/or other ideas. I know that it isn't going to be perfect but I'd like for it to be functional. We are not looking to do any major building or such either, more just fill up and go.

Option #1:
Place 2 Straight Line Launch Pad Wakeboard Fat Sac Chairs (250lb each) sideways so that the back of them is along the sides of the boat and they are facing each other.
Upload
The chairs are listed at 24in long so there would be a 12" gap between the two chairs where we would place a Straight Line Launch Pad 85Lb Block.
Upload

Option #2:
Place a Straight Line Launch Pad Link 725 lb Square Single
Upload
on the floor with the Straight Line Launch Pad Cover with Storage on top of it.
Upload
Something like this:
Upload
My main concern with this is that this only covers 50" not 60" but it may be more comfortable and functional than option #1 I really don't know.

We are new to adding ballast bags to our boat so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!!! We are not looking to add much more than 700 lbs of weight at this time so some of the larger sofas and other rear seat bags are going to be more weight than we really want.

I have not seen any of these items in person so I am really looking to get as much information and as many suggestions from all of you.
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2009, 5:17 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/689008.html?1240975275
Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-12-2009, 8:10 AM Reply   
That's a bit more weight than we want to add ...
Old     (gawabr190)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
I've got 4 launch pad sacs and their plug-in pump. I'm not impressed with the quality of the sacs or pump. I had to replace all the hose for the pump with stuff from Lowes because the hoses came kinked & were hard to deal with. The pump cracked & is held together with glue & duct tape.
The "quick-fill" inlets on each sac have a spring loaded valve that closes when the pump is removed; that spring rusted in less than 1 year. Launch Pads are cheaper than fly high fat sacs, but I would not buy the Launch Pad brand if I had to do it again.