Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-12-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
My san has been running really cool the last couple times out so Im pretty sure I need to change out my thermostat. So my question is which particular thermostat will I need? I have a PCM Excalibur, and can I pick one up at a local marine shop or am I going to have to order it online. Also how should I go about changing it out, I would like to do it myself cause I dont want to be boatless for over a week. Ive used it a few times with my bad thermostat should I be worried about any damage to the engine from cool oil or am I in the clear?
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
You think that it's just stuck open?? What temp are you running?? Should be about 140 in the Excalibur if I recall correctly.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-12-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
I think its probably just stuck open, Im running around 110 right now last summer I was up around 150
Old     (dcb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-13-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
probally got something stuck in there, it dosent take much. Get new gaskets beforehand take out the t-stat put it in some water on the stove, after it opens clean out the debris and reinstall it. They rarely go bad, I had to do that this year on my indmar. Only takes like an hour to do on the indmar not sure about the pcm.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-13-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Mike, I've changed that t-stat on that exact boat before, it's pretty simple. New t-stat is only like 15 bucks if I recall.

Shoot me an email if you need a hand.