Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-08-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
My toeside wake is awesome on my 2003 Air Natique. However, when weighted, the regular-foot side has a heavy spray that limits riding the wake. This may have something to do with prop rotation. Anyway, I'm using 750 lbs. in the rear locker, 350 lbs. on the middle seat, and 350 in the middle locker. Any suggestions on getting the spray down?
Old    xtreme            06-08-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
Are you regular foot or goofy foot? Just so we know which side of the boat is toe and heel for you.
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-08-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
Ronnie
Check with Surfdad (Jeff Walker). He changed the prop on his boat and it changed his wake (better on left and worse on right). You might want to look at the prop he started with.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-08-2006, 8:21 PM Reply   
I'm regular foot.
Old    xtreme            06-08-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Ok, gotcha, you ride port side on a known goofy boat, that has a great starboard side wake. I am spending this weekend on the same boat. We'll try both sides weighted seperately, If you haven't already worked it out by the end of the weekend, I'll post my results, probably Sunday night.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-09-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Thanks. Good luck.
Old    xtreme            06-11-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
Ok, we're back from the lake, and the Nautique worked out great. We had 300 lbs on the rear storage, port side ballast full, and a 450 lb sack on the port side seat. Two passengers sitting on the side, just above the sack. We found this boat needed 10.3mph or a lil more, or the wake was too short, and we also got some spray under 9.5mph. We didn't have any weight in the front though. We were also in 80' deep water. Hope this helps.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-12-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
I appreciate the advice and will give it a try. I have only been driving 8.8 mph. I never thought about increasing the speed.