Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                09-28-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
i've landed my first two backrolls after being close for 2 weeks and i think i got them now and i was plannin on tryin a ts frontroll this weekend. i'm planning to throw it almost the same, wait for the pop, tuck and roll, keep two hands on the handle until at least the end. and ride away ts. is there any tips i should know. and shoudl i try something else before the ts front? i was also thinking about tantrums cuz i can do backflips on the tramps good. o yea heres the vid sorry for me being such a dork but it was on the spot.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-28-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
as soon as you are upside down let go with your rear hand othewise you are going to get pulled by the boat and do a scarecrow. Eitherway, pop, tuck roll is right. Can you do a front on a tramp? I can't do a back on my tramp, but fronts are a joke so I have yet to give a tantrum a solid attempt.
Old                09-29-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
ok i'll remember to let go with the back hand. i can do front and backflips on a tramp wiht no problem
Old                09-29-2004, 12:15 PM Reply   
ok i'll remember to let go with the back hand. i can do front and backflips on a tramp wiht no problem. ha sorry i forgot the link to the video http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=12118
Old                09-29-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
haha first off i wanna say i love the video, spent so much time to make it for one trick, but its cool man i was really excited about my first invert too. Ts backrolls are so much easier than ts frontrolls just because the rotation feels much smoother. But if you are going to try to do a ts front roll their are three important things to remember. Edge like crazy, turn your board at the last second to trip it, and make sure you land your board facing about 45 degrees away from the boat, you (being regular) should have your left leg farther away from the wake then your right. This will help to prevent you from sliding out. But remember to edge like crazy and trip it or take it from me your balls are gonna be hurting bad.
Old                09-29-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
yea i think my dad and everyone else was more excited about the backroll than me. i mean it had the good feeling of landing a new trick but it really didn't take that long to learn. i think its mostly cause we have another guy whos been tryin a backroll for at least 2 years now and is still landing on his back most of the time except for the one time he got full rotation last year and everybody else was just excited to see someone go upside-down and ride away from it. if i was to try a ts backroll do you think i would be better off trying a tantrum instead? which do you think is easier? because i can do backflips on the tramp with no bounce easy now (just not enough balls to try it on hard ground) and so if i could get the take off i think i could get it.
Old                11-06-2004, 11:12 PM Reply   
yea do tannys instead, they easier, its the first invert i learned, then i did bs rolls, then a ts backroll then raleys and raleys are the easiest invert out there, so actually go for a raley, it sounds idiotic but i promise, they are much easier then any flips
Old                11-07-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
all right well i plan on trying all the ones you named. plus everyone out at the lake really wants me to try one now that i did the backroll so i guess i'll have to.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-27-2004, 6:06 PM Reply   
I dont know, make sure you can do big ts jumps first. Otherwise, I suggest a tantrum for your next invert.
Old                12-06-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
I'd go a scarecrow if you have your ts 180 down pat as they are simple
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-13-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
'Crows are easier than front rolls. i'd do it first. Hell I was grabbing my crow before I learned front rolls. It's really the same trick except you let go right before you land. Get over your toes and really emphasize the landing ie. bend knees and lean way over your toes. keep the handle tight.
Old                12-31-2004, 12:18 AM Reply   
from what i've noticed the crow and frontroll come hand in hand... i got both of those within a couple weeks. just give them both a shot and learn them, then be rad my son.
Old                03-21-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Another thing to help with ts frontrolls for some people is to grab indy. It forces you to let go of your back hand and it also puts you into a tighter tuck(so faster rotation).