Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-14-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Except for the one she's married to of course...

Old    deltahoosier            08-14-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
She married to a gay man? Good for him. He was able to overcome.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-14-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-14-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
Wow. Shes not judging gay people yet she says they have a sexual dysfunction? Please tell me this woman isn't seriously being considered.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
How horribly weak.. Mrs. Bachmann, may I suggest that you stand firmly on your beliefs and let the chips fall where they may. You reference to the Bible suggests you serve God, or at least identify with God- Just enough to draw in votes from other "Christians", but not enough faith to speak your beliefs with conviction.
Old    deltahoosier            08-14-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
What is there to speak about? She is not there to judge. Just because you have some amped up media type in your face trying to intemidate her into saying something. They packaged something from 8 years ago and try to highjack her. Good for her. Of course, I wondered why this type of post shows up here out of all the time she has been an elected official, then it hit me. She just won the strawman poll in Iowa and is now considered the front runner in the Presidential election. Hate to tell this but, you can understand there is a lot of sexual disfunction in the gay community and still not judge an individual because they are gay. People are just not able to think anymore. My wife had a couple of friends that were going through the very thing she was recorded talking about. Moving from partner to partner. Not understanding who they were and being totally co-dependent. It is not a uncommon theme. Ever hear of bath houses? You want to see the prefect example of sexual disfunciton, look at the highlights of the gay pride parade and you tell me what you think. She is not off the mark in this area. Believe it or not, you can understand issues that are happening around you and still not judge a individual on the group.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-14-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Mrs. Bachmann, may I suggest that you stand firmly on your beliefs and let the chips fall where they may.
I would hope they all do that. I certainly would prefer to know what somebody stands for before they're elected.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would hope they all do that. I certainly would prefer to know what somebody stands for before they're elected.
I don't believe any of them are entirely truthful about where they stand. I think they're at least very selective with voicing their opinion(s) based on their audience.
That is why I am a Ron Paul fan. I believe he speaks from his heart, right or wrong.. you know Paul is sincere and you know what you're getting.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-14-2011, 3:39 PM Reply   
Ditto about ron paul. You know where he stands on all points.
Old    bigdtx            08-14-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
Ron (Ru) Paul not too hip with the gays either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7RnlPQCKBQ

hahahaha

Last edited by bigdtx; 08-14-2011 at 4:13 PM.
Old    deltahoosier            08-14-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
Though Ron speaks from the heart, he sounds as naive to world views as a 8 year old.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
Naive? I suppose if you look at the world through neo-con glasses.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-14-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
Rod Bachmann's come up here many times - she has a particularly amazing strain of foot in mouth disease.

I like Ron Paul too; it's unfortunate he can't ever seem to get any traction like the hatemongers like Bachmann seem to be able to.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-14-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
Ron Paul fan myself. Like people have said, you def. know what you are getting.
Old    deltahoosier            08-14-2011, 7:58 PM Reply   
Neo-con? Seems like you stepped in bull crap. Don't put that crap at me.

Did you hear last debate? Iran is only the way we are because we caused it? We should never be involved in the rest of the world? It is the outlook of a child. Liberatarians are confused liberals. They are social liberals with a small economic background. It takes two wings to fly and this guy sinks like a rock. Neo-con indeed.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2011, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Neo-con? Seems like you stepped in bull crap. Don't put that crap at me.
I'm not putting anything on you. Ron Paul opponents consistently attack his foreign policy, like you, suggesting he's naive. For the most part Iran is in the current state because of the U.S. dating back to our coup attempts in(I think) '52 and installing the Shah. Check your history.

I'm not going to argue with you, sir, but I can tell you for certain that Paul is the ONLY candidate that has a solid grasp on U.S economics and not just because of his knowledge on the Federal Reserve.

I find it painfully ironic that the same people that scream about defending the constitution:
1. Back non-constitutionalists/ status-quo. Their mouth says one thing but their actions says another. Ironically, making a statement with words is the least effective method.
2. Frequently try to use the same constitution they tout to restrict the freedom(s) of others.

We have serious problems at home, serious, serious problems. Problems that those "with small economics backgrounds" don't seem to grasp. We cannot continue policing the world expecting monetary and political impunity.

You're suggestion that Libertarians are uneducated/confused Liberals is absolutely laughable. I used to be like you in my political beliefs, but I started reading a lot. I voted for Bush, bro.... twice.
Old    deltahoosier            08-14-2011, 9:57 PM Reply   
Does not matter what happened in the past half a century ago with Iran. Who are they now and what are they doing? Paul is pointing to a world that was nine years after Hitler was killed. I don't care about his deflection from that time. Iran is on record of who they are today and Bush was dead on about them and Paul does not believe they are real.

There is one big problem with libertarian ideas. They are absolute idealists. They do not believe in the human condition as being a factor in the world view and that is dangerous. Hate to tell you but people like Bin Laden were not motivated by money. They are motivated by control and power. I do not believe in absolutes when it comes to politics and these guys are as dangerous as they come. Believing their is no evil in the world and if we just stick our heads in the sand it will be ok is dangerous. That is the thinking that allowed Hitler, Stalin and Japan to come to the power they did. Not saying we need to fight everyone on everything, but, we can not ignore them. That is why Ronald Regan became a Republican because he understood human nature and he saw the Democrat party taking on the views that the libertarians now taking on. Though I do not believe FDR's policies were best in the long run for the country, his understanding of the evils in the world provided great leadership. Both sides of the isle understood the world at one point. Ron Paul is not on a isle of understanding at all.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2011, 10:07 PM Reply   
I think you're a really nice guy with good intentions. I'll leave it at that.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Neo-con? Seems like you stepped in bull crap. Don't put that crap at me..... Neo-con indeed.
Yes, indeedy.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-15-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
The best part about Ron Paul - his politicaly views

The worst part about Ron Paul - his supporters
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
What's wrong with his political views Jeff?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-15-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
What bothers me about Bachman is her hypocrisy. She's against govt spending and entitlements, yet:

-She owns a farm that receives federal subsidies
-Her mortgage is through Fannie Mae
-Her and hubbie's clinic accepts Medicare
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
Has anyone looked at what is going on in England?

Quote:
‘There are pockets of our society that are not only broken, but frankly sick,’ he said.

‘When we see children as young as 13 looting and laughing, when we see the disgusting sight of an injured young man with people pretending to help him while they are robbing him, it is clear that there are things that are badly wrong in our society.

‘For me it is clear that the root cause of this mindless selfishness is the same thing that I’ve spoken about for years. It is a complete lack of responsibility in our society. It is as much a moral problem as a political problem.’
Parts of our society are not broken but sick

As our morals degrade in our country, the country itself will degrade. It used to immoral to live off of the government for extended periods of time when you were able to provide for yourself, now it is joked about and a badge of pride for some. It use to be taboo to live a gay lifestyle. A lack of morals will eventually bring our country down.

The Founding Fathers stated this hundreds if not thousands of times...

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams..

I see tons of comments from people all over the net regarding political candidates... I would just like to ask them, what they are doing, what they have done, and what they will do that is better than the candidates that they speak so ill of.

I suppose you, Pesos, have contributed more positively to society than these people whom you attack... I assume you and your family have provided care for 23 foster children, correct?? Or somehow given more to contribute to the betterment of society...

You are either part of the problem, or part of the cure. Get off your butt and your internet pedestal and actually do something. Become a Precinct Committeeman!

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-15-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
Sam, why are you attacking Wes? Aren't you a libertarian?? Didn't this comment offend you more???

"Libertarians are confused liberals. They are social liberals with a small economic background.........."
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
Those Gays looting innocent people have gotten out of hand.

I'm not sure who fostered 23 children. But I don't care if they are Mother Teresa, if their politcal views are IMO wrong they shouldn't be governing.
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Those Gays looting innocent people have gotten out of hand.

I'm not sure who fostered 23 children. But I don't care if they are Mother Teresa, if their politcal views are IMO wrong they shouldn't be governing.
John,
So you and your opinion are the last word on someone's political views and who should be governing? Damn, I wish I would have known, I would have asked before I started running for state representative. Can you please sign my permission slip Il Duce?

You just bitch and moan on this website; about the trade deficit, about this candidate, and that candidate, etc... get off your butt and do something about it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
So you think people who "in your opinion" have wrong political views should be governing? BTW, if I thought that MY WORD was the LAST WORD I wouldn't bother putting "IMO" in my statements and instead promote my opinions as fact. Even though IMO they are fact.

I already do something about it. I create product right here in the US. I would vote for a politcian that acknowledges that the trade deficit is a problem that should have priority status. That is if we ever get one that doesn't have other political viewpoints that are so bad they mitigate the good.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-15-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
This video clearly defines why people have issues with politicians. One, they cant answer a simple question truthfully. And two they are out of touch with reality based on her comment about "all these questions aren't what really people are concerned about".

Unfortunately I have a feeling that her and Rick Perry will be the two running candidates in 2012. Face palm....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-15-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Sam, I am glad you are running for govt office. Hopefully, you will win and you will see that in our political system, one man can really do very little to change things. You are at the best point in your political career, you are ready to hit the ground running and rectify all of the problems in AZ. I think you will be extremely frustrated because you can't get as much done as you hoped. Good luck, and if I was in your district, you'd have my vote.
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So you think people who "in your opinion" have wrong political views should be governing? BTW, if I thought that MY WORD was the LAST WORD I wouldn't bother putting "IMO" in my statements and instead promote my opinions as fact. Even though IMO they are fact.

I already do something about it. I create product right here in the US. I would vote for a politcian that acknowledges that the trade deficit is a problem that should have priority status. That is if we ever get one that doesn't have other political viewpoints that are so bad they mitigate the good.
That is point! It is very, very easy to type some stuff on an internet forum and make pithy and snarky comments about the candidates... but We The People, as a whole, are ignorant, lazy, immoral, and self-proclaimed entitled to the point where we do not actually participate anymore, but instead stand on the sidelines and bitch and moan.

John,
I don't mean to attack you or anyone else, I am sorry if that is what it seems, I just wish more people would engage in the system, see its problems, learn the what it is all about, and actually contribute to the solution. Most people don't understand what is going on and have no idea how things actually work. Watch the video above and get involved. When I go to my district meetings many people have great ideas before and after the meetings, but during the actual meeting they are silent.

Creating product here in the US is admirable, but it does very little in contributing to a solution. John, you are experienced enough, knowledgeable enough, and outspoken enough to make a difference. Be the SOB that stands up the meeting and stops "progress". Ask the tough questions and demand answers to them. If they can't give them to you, provide the answers yourself. IMO, this IS the only way to fix our problems.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-15-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   

Last edited by doug2; 08-15-2011 at 9:50 AM. Reason: trying to embed
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Sam, I am glad you are running for govt office. Hopefully, you will win and you will see that in our political system, one man can really do very little to change things. You are at the best point in your political career, you are ready to hit the ground running and rectify all of the problems in AZ. I think you will be extremely frustrated because you can't get as much done as you hoped. Good luck, and if I was in your district, you'd have my vote.
You are WRONG! All it takes is for one person to be the SOB who won't shut up, who keeps asking questions, and demands answers. When was the last time you went to your district meeting? Do you even know what district you are in? When was the last time you spoke at a town hall meeting or even attended?

You know little of my "political career"; from being a precinct committeeman, on the Board of Adjustment, the Design Review Board, the Aviation Commission, the Development Review Board, and a Senate Engrossing Clerk, I think I know how the system works...
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-15-2011, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sam, why are you attacking Wes? Aren't you a libertarian?? Didn't this comment offend you more???

"Libertarians are confused liberals. They are social liberals with a small economic background.........."
I believe they are referencing the pseudoscience economics that Sam studies. Ya know, that ABCT stuff..a far right think tank financed entirely by wealthy business donors.
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by strife View Post
I believe they are referencing the pseudoscience economics that Sam studies. Ya know, that ABCT stuff..a far right think tank financed entirely by wealthy business donors.
Not sure on the "far right think tank" reference goes, but would you rather have something financed by the government?? Mr. P. Pot, is that you?

BTW, a broken clock is correct twice a day... pseudoscience might be correct, but not for the reason you seem to think...

The Austrian School of Economics proclaims all economics to be pseudoscience, since the majority of the various schools of economic thought do not include and even exclude basic human action. Ludwig von Mises recognized this...

Human Action
Old    deltahoosier            08-15-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
I hear ya Barry. All good.

John, if we are not supposed to elect people that do not have our views, then why is Obama in office?
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
So would any of you actually vote for this crazy lady?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-15-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
John, if we are not supposed to elect people that do not have our views, then why is Obama in office?
Voting for the lessor of two evils.
Old    bigdtx            08-15-2011, 12:57 PM Reply   
I would vote for this guy.

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2011, 1:13 PM Reply   
... And..a masters degree in communication!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-15-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
Haha I have been counting the days before that video would resurface. Win.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-15-2011, 3:00 PM Reply   
Sam, why are you busting my balls? I wished you luck and even told you that you had my vote if I was in your district. Sheesh, is this how you treat your constituents?
Old    SamIngram            08-15-2011, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sam, why are you busting my balls? I wished you luck and even told you that you had my vote if I was in your district. Sheesh, is this how you treat your constituents?
Sorry man... I'm just tired of all the uneducated idiots talking about politics based on what someone told them or a website that they read... One of my employees just told me that Rick Perry was gay, a Bilderberger, a member of the illuminati, and was trying to implement Agenda 21...
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpyqU-BXyns