Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2011, 9:18 PM Reply   
anyone seen it? talk about depressing...
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-18-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
Geoffrey Canada spoke at my school on Tuesday. He is a brilliant man.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-19-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
If you watch Waiting for Superman you also need to watch Race to Nowhere to balance it. I am a public school teacher of 16 years and while there are a few "dud" teachers who are in it to "get summers off" the overwhelming majority of us in education are there to make a difference for our students. Public education has areas that are certainly screwed up but overall, in the free world, we have one of the best systems around. I think it would be a big help if federal legislators would stop legislating on something they know nothing about and if schools could return to being institutions that are under local control.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-19-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrd View Post
I think it would be a big help if federal legislators would stop legislating on something they know nothing about and if schools could return to being institutions that are under local control.
BINGO! Get rid of the federal department of education!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-19-2011, 7:25 PM Reply   
and crappy teachers need to be fired for being bad at their jobs, instead of the unions protecting them.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-20-2011, 1:35 PM Reply   
^Blame it all on the teachers. I say all of the crappy parents need to be fired for being bad at their jobs. It has a much greater negative impact than any "crappy teacher" could ever possibly have.

But everyone needs their scapegoat.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-20-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Jeremy - I agree. parents need to be held responsible as well. I dont expect teachers to raise my kids for me. but there are a lot of crappy teachers out there as well. dont think for a second that I blame teachers entirely for the failings of our kids today.