Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-16-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
We took delivery of our Centurion Lightning today. Our dealer, Mike Smith gave us an orientation ride at Buckeye Lake, just east of Columbus Ohio. Thanks to Mike Smith Steve and Russell at Sun Fun Marine.

Here the configuration:
315HP Merc 350 MAG MPI
Perfect Pass
Bennett trim tab/wake plate
Center and side ballast
Depth finder/ water temperature gauge
400 W amp
10 disk changer
Kicker sub subwoofer
Second battery w/ isolator
Wakeboard racks
Heater /w snorkel

The boat ran and handled very nicely, can’t wait to get out and board behind her. Mike gave us great operating pointers but we’ll need to practice maneuvering in reverse it’s a bit more difficult on an inboard than my old I/O.

I don’t have good on the water pics yet but here are a few pictures from delivery launch and my new baby at home

Delivery
Delivery

On the Boat Ramp
Ramp

Launched
Launched

After Recovery
Recovered

Driveway
Driveway

Dean is looking at making some transom art this pics for him
Transom

Some Skin
Skin
Old     (nc05lsv)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-16-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
great boat! your swimsuit model could use a little work (and a shave) congratulations! Looks like they put the exact same tower on the Lightning as they do on the moombas......have fun
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-16-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
kickass boat!!what are the neighbors advertising?
Old    walt            04-16-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
Nice boat but you should see a Dr. about that tumor.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-16-2005, 8:10 PM Reply   
The signs on the garage are a school sports thing, (student name ) is on the basketball team, wrestling team and so on.

Tumor I don’t know I call it ballast. About that Dr., maybe an obstetrician?
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-16-2005, 8:27 PM Reply   
Patrick- Not exactly the same tower as the ones on the Moomba's. They may be made by the same manufacturer, I'm not sure. Extreme makes all of Skiers Choice towers.

Congrats on the new boat!!! Remember, the two best days in a boat owners life.....the day he buys it and the day he sells it!
Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-16-2005, 11:16 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat. Although, what was Centurian thinking when they decided to shrink the graphics. Personally, I think that the boat needs something to make it stand out better. I liked the graphics that were used in say 2003. They were big, bold and flashy. Anyway, have fun.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
Here ya go 2005 CEnturion Storm Graphics
They are big, bold and flashy

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-17-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
SHarp boat.... Congrats
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-17-2005, 1:27 PM Reply   
Good looking boat man
Old    zenmaster            04-17-2005, 2:23 PM Reply   
Edward, is that a V/M trailer? If so, can you tell me how your spare tire is mounted?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-17-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
Scott,

The boat is an 04 demo. I’m the first to title her (new boat warranty and all), so these must be 04 graphics. A lot of the wakeboard boat manufactures seem to have these winged oval graphics like one on the picture that Kevin posted. To me there’s little differentiation from brand to brand and badge to badge. Maybe Mastercraft wins this battle with large X-badges. I think I’ll have a more distinctive boat without a winged badge simply because I’ll have one of the few boats with out a winged badge. OK, many older boats and non-wakeboard boats don’t have them either.

Now, I didn’t buy the boat because it did or didn’t have a badge, and I don’t feel inspired to go out and upgrade the graphics to this years offering. But that bright deep red really caught my eye. I waxed her up today and in the sun she’s really sweet looking.

One small detail that looks absolutely great is the OH boat lettering. Mike set me up with a local graphics guy (Chris - I'll have to look up his business name). Chris matched the colors and shading of the Lightning badge for my OH numbers. It was a small detail but it looks very clean, I don’t if you can see from these pics how nicely they match the Lightning graphics.

Profile with letters and graphics
Letters

Lettering Close Up
LettersCloseUp

Lightning Graphics Close Up
LightningLetters

Dean, one of the guys in my wake boarding crew, all the way back to 93 does some air brush work. He’s working up some Ideas to air brush the transom, I guess that's where I’ll (Dean) make the boat distinctive. Dean and I are working on two boat names inspired by some wakeboard videos set to music, which my son put together last summer. The names (Artist) are 1) Float On (Modest Mouse) and 2) Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand).

Jeremy, The trailer is a Boatmate. The tire is mounted on a short bracket mounted to the trailer. The mount looks like one Overton’s offers (Stock no 32006), see the link. Mike's guys installed the spare and bracket. My bracket is color matched to the trailer. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=32006

Scott, and everyone else, thanks for your generous comments!!