Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-20-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
I would like to personally thank those at Fineline and Kal Kustoms. Fineline is going above an beyond the call of duty. Even being the second owner they are taking care of all the details. They have restored my faith in the Centurion line. I hope that everyone including me, realizes the lengths they are going too. Fineline stands by there owners, 1st or 2cnd. Again, warranties are not typiclaly transferable but Fineline is taking care of me. Fineline has gone to great lengths to assist there owners, offering e-mails, direct lines and doing there very best to deliver a quality boat. WakeWorlder's, Scott, Shell, Tim, FINELINE, KAL KUSTOMS, my apologies if everyone wasn't on the same page and made aware of all the details. Thank you for going the extra mile, I look forward to being on the water~

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
Aaron, I am glad you are getting things resolved.

Regarding warranty transfer to a second owner, is it common for a manufacturer to cover only the original owner?

Centurion's warranty is not transferable?

Is the same true with the likes of CC/MC/BU?

I was under the impression that warranties were transferable on most boats, so this is a surprise to me.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-20-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
Each boat manufacturer is differnet and I believe Fineline is now offering that option on there new models. I would recomend you check with Malibu when the time comes to sell your boat. Thanks for the warm wishes and thank you Fineline
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-20-2003, 9:31 AM Reply   
I think that the warranties transfer on the hull only but not even sure about that. I was told that they do by some and not by others on the hull. They deinately do not on the rest of the stuff.
Old    steveaz            03-20-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
Hasn't this scenerio already been played out?

Best of luck to you Aaron I sincerely hope everything is taken care of.

Steve
Old     (nut)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-20-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
For CC you can transfer the hull warranty, and the Engine warranty. You cannot transfer the 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. That is only for the original owner. CC will transfer the lifetime hull warranty, for a fee. And PCM will transfer the remainder of the Engine warranty for a fee.
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-20-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Mastercraft transfers the entire original warranty for a fee...but not beyond the second owner.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       03-20-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
Anybody know about Malibu, Supra, others?

Why is the boat isdustry this way? It seems strange that CC will not transfer the bumper to bumper warranty. The Auto industry is not like this. I don't understand.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2003, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sorry to hijack your thread Aaron.

Yet, I am curious about these warranty specifics.

I think it is lame that a warranty is not fully transferable without a fee (like cars).
Old     (jimw)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-20-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
Malibu transfer fee for the hull is around $250. Indmar transfer fee for the motor is around $250 when I transfered the warranty on my 00 Sunsetter last year. It may be different now.

It really sucks that they don't transfer anything else like carpet,vinyl and gauges especailly when they charge you to transfer the hull warranty. I wonder if malibu's 3year bumper to bumper warranty is transferable now. They didn't have anything like that when I bought my bu. I can't believe the warranty on the CC is not transferable. What is Mastercraft and Supra's warranty?

BTW Aaron, I'm glad you're getting your problems worked out with Fineline. The POWER of a message board is great. I wonder if anything would have been done if wasn't for great message boards like thisone. Thanks Dave
Old    bad_boy            03-20-2003, 11:41 AM Reply   
I believe Cen has a transferable warranty now. But it didn’t when Aaron’s boat was made. That would be like someone buying a used CC, MC or BU before they had a transferable warranty and wanting them to care of problems latter! No one knows what happen to this boat when the first owner had it. It shouldn’t be Cen fault. And almost ever item on his list look like basic maintenance. And the paint, it appears that the boat is almost 4 years old now. I don’t think the factory has any way that they can tell if the boat hadn’t been damage and repaired after they made it. Aaron I think you should have laid all this info out in the first posted email. Seems to me as thou you’ve been a little deceptive here. You’d be luck if they don’t sue you for fraud or something.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       03-20-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
Interesting, that was "Blaine's" first post.

(Message edited by tre on March 20, 2003)
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-20-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
from mercednet.com no less.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2003, 2:35 PM Reply   
Blaine,

Hey pal, what would they sue him for? The facts he laid out were just that...facts! Did you read the list of things that went wrong with the boat? Half the shizz weren't maintainance issues. Don't even let me get started on the gelcoat.

They can only sue Aaron, if he made up lies about the company. (slander) If they're true, too bad...suck it up.

(Message edited by dakid on March 20, 2003)
Old    samcdog            03-20-2003, 2:45 PM Reply   
I think it is crap that the warranty (any of them) does not transfer. It isn't like the first owner purposely trashes the boat if he is selling it. If I was selling a boat and something was broken, but covered under warranty I would get it fixed and than sell the boat. Why should the boat going to a new person cancel the warranty? I know why, because they can, or why should I have to pay for the warranty to transfer? The boat is "good" for X years. It shouldn't matter who has it. The warranty issue was even one of the reasons why I bought a new one. Just another case of "the man" sticking it to us.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   

" the man sticking it too us " Thats funny. Great point. I wonder why it matters how many owners in the warranty period? The warranty period should be X, regardless. I agree.

As far as getting sued, his comments could be interpretted as slanderous. Not by me, but by some big company who has enough jack to throw at some attorney.

(Message edited by sdub on March 20, 2003)
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
so what did they do our what did you get
Old    xtigeman            03-20-2003, 5:01 PM Reply   
Slander??? You oghtta stick to what you know which is obviously not legal advice.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
I guess "slander" is defined differently in each state.
Old    xtigeman            03-20-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
Libel is written and published, slander is spoken or gestures. The term defamation may be used interchangeably. I kind of followed some of the threads and no decent attorney would pursue this even by the hour. I would tell them that their money is better spent elsewhere.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
Defamation, sometimes called "defamation of character", is spoken or written words that falsely and negatively reflect on a living person's reputation.

If a person or the news media says or writes something about you that is understood to lower your reputation, or that keeps people from associating with you, defamation has occurred. Slander and libel are two forms of defamation.

Slander is a spoken defamation.

Libel is a written defamation. Generally, radio and television broadcasts that are defamatory are considered to be libel, rather than slander.

WHAT ABOUT INSULTS AND EPITHETS? ARE THEY DEFAMATORY?

Generally, no. Usually they are seen as outbursts of emotion, with no real substance, except to show intense dislike.

DON'T I HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY OPINION?

Yes, so long as your statement of opinion is just an opinion, not containing specific facts that can be proved untrue.

CAN I SUE SOMEONE WHO SAYS OR WRITES SOMETHING DEFAMATORY ABOUT ME?

In order to prove defamation, you have to be able to prove that what was said or written about you was false. If the information is true, or if you consented to publication of the material, you will not have a case. However, you may bring an defamatory action if the comments are so reprehensible and false that they effect your reputation in the community or cast aspersions on you.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-20-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   

Maybe I wasnt paying attn. in business law class 15 years ago, but slander is an utterance of false charges or misrepresentations.

Utterance is defined as an oral or written statement: a stated or published expression.

So I guess by definition it could be construed as slanderous "not by me, but by some big company who has enough jack to throw at an attorney".
Old    xtigeman            03-20-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
If you sued someone slander and it was a written and published work, you would have your lawsuit dismissed on a 12(b)(6) motion. They are not interchangeable and there is even a different statute of limitations for the two. The essential elements of each are also different. But what do I know, I just stayed Holiday Inn last night.
Old     (nautique_driver)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-20-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
Mr. Umali,
What is your retainer fee?
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       03-21-2003, 6:58 AM Reply   
Major HighJack!!!!!!!!!!!
Only the first two posts even contain the word Centurion! BWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ctrl+F is my friend : )
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       03-21-2003, 8:28 AM Reply   
Blah Blah Blah….. Enough with the business law 101 nonsense.

Aaron… after all of the previous posts… can you elaborate on what they are doing that is ‘above and beyond the call of duty’ ? What exactly are you thanking them for?

Centurion (make that 3 posts)
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-21-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
my last 2nd and last comment on this topic as the facts have changed too much. too much he said, you said going on

i feel duped into my shot at centurion. aaron, if you get anything covered under warranty, i think you should consider yourself lucky.

you've back-peddaled over the foot i left hanging out of my mouth. and, what's with ending every post now with 'thank you Fineline' or something very similar?
Old    samcdog            03-21-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
I think their (Fineline/Centurion) high payed lawyers told Aaron what to say and how to say it or else.
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-21-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
Or else what Sam? Did they tell him "say this Aaron" or yopur going to Baghdad?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
haha.. Chad.

B-
Old    samcdog            03-21-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
sue him for $.

or ship his ass to Baghdad with a Centurion Chemical Suit

ha