Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-11-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
More credit where credit is due.

My boat went into Ski World about three weeks ago with a long list of small repairs (warranty)including gel coat cracks. They also installed my heater.

Yesterday I picked up my baby. Beyond the repairs they detailed my trailer, scrubbed my carpet, and waxed my boat! During the course of the repairs Steve called me three times to give me status updates.

I'm loving the service.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-11-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
So how do I start getting service like that?

I guess buying the boat there HELPS!!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-11-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
its called "preferred service". And imo if you spend that kind of money there (plus give them the kind of quality promotion that is known as j-rod) it is too be expected.

From my experience, mastercraft is picky in who they offer a dealership too.....and most tend to orient there businesses around service.

Jrod, a heater?? sheesh, next you will want "driving gloves" haha j/k.
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-12-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
J-Rod got a HEATER!! When can I ride?

I'm gonna send this thread link to my sister, since she was looking for first hand reviews on boat services. They contract out for gel coat work though, right?

If anyone else has experiences to share about ski world, let me know. Thanks.

(Message edited by gypsy12 on December 12, 2005)
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
I hear Copes is buying Ski World. Is this true?

So, Copes will own Copes, Ultimate Water Sports and Ski World -- it's starting to look like a Copes monopoly for NorCal.

I doubt this will help service.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2005, 9:55 AM Reply   
assuming it's true, you would still have the same guys running the shop(s) right?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quality trickles down. It may take some time, but eventually it does.

Since I had such a horrible service experience with my BU at UWS, I was thinking Ski World for my next boat purchase.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-12-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
Copes will slowly take over. It sounds like they will oversee the finances for now. The same guys running the shops and service. Hopefully Skiworld can benefit from the buying power without adopting too much Copes culture. From what I am told, that sounds like the plan.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-12-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
We do the gel coat in house Tara.
Old    wakelvr            12-13-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Tara,

You know Jason and I have plenty to say about Ski World. All of it being good... Shoot me an email.

What J-Rod said. I have dealt with Ski World through two boats now, and they never cease to amaze me.

Erik, I think you sold us our first boat, a 2001 red metallic X-9!

Old     (mendomalibu)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-13-2005, 3:14 PM Reply   
uwc service sucks If I wasn't such a bu lover I would have gone to ski world. Now as for as any warranty issues I have to deal with uwc. Is there any other bu dealerships in nor-cal?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Jason, yes, and they are all owned by Copes I believe.

I was a Malibu lover too. I bought MC in part for the service.
Old     (tantrum916)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-13-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
Yes Copes does own all of the Malibu dealerships in Nor Cal
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-13-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
Not so much Nor-Cal, but there is Boat Country down here in Escalon for the Malibu's. They have been nothing but top notch for me. Great guys. I even have buddy that bought his Malibu at Copes, got tired of them and now Boat Country is doing all their service at the same level of quality as well.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-13-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
FYI
Ski World's service department has been merged with UWS in Livermore. Udi (sp.?) who used to run Ski World Service is now in charge of the merged facility. They have a beautiful new location, 50,000 sq. feet indoors off Vasco near 580. I just picked up my BU on Friday after having my annual service and a bunch of warranty stuff done. Everything seemed to be in order.
I think Udi brings a lot of credibility to the table. The past service at UWS in Livermore was at best spotty. I'm hoping for good things.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
Well, as long as my boat is still picked up from, and delivered to Pleasanton Skiworld, I'll continue to hope for the best. All of my recent work was done in Pleasanton.
Old     (mendomalibu)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-13-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
I thought that uws in santa rosa was the only piss poor service department.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-13-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
Alot would have to change before UWS would touch my boat even though Udi SP? from ski world is the bomb . I will have Bayliner service it before any of the Cope group touch it you can screw alot of stuff up in 50,000 feet . I have been following this Ski World drama for a few weeks and its a lousy deal the staff at Ski World USA is killer I wish them all the best in whatever they do . Correct Craft here we come !!! Joe
Old    djjstylz            12-13-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
So is the service dept and sales gonna be different at ski world pleasanton or what? The boat I am interested in is at ski world in pleasanton. Is anything gonna change there, whats the exact deal going on with the pleasanton dealer? It's scary because this is the only dealer in the bay area that was getting mad props from the people here. I can't believe a dealership as big as copes doesn't give top notch service to customers who keep their business running! You would think the manufacturers would step in at some point if customers complained enough about the service, eventually its gonna keep people from buying that brand.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
"eventually its gonna keep people from buying that brand."

It already is.

The difference is the people. If skiworld can continue with the same staff, hopefully we will be okay.
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-14-2005, 6:17 AM Reply   
I will continue to go there if they keep the same staff. The only reason I go there is because their staff is so nice and helpful. Don't know where I'll shop if the staff changes.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-14-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Stefani I think you bought you're boat from the other Eric (we call him bld) I do Pro shop but thanks everyone for the kind words.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2005, 7:51 PM Reply   
This is discouraging. My UWS service was SO PISS POOR I could not wait for my BU warranty to run out!

Now that I know that UWS service largely sucks all over NORCAL, I am thinking this is a systemic problem.

I guess I will have to look at CC/Supra/Sanger to avoid bad service on my next boat.
Old    wakelvr            12-15-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
If the staff changes at Ski World Pleasanton, I will join you.
Old    wakelvr            12-15-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
also, Liquid Wrenches better stick around. They are also a big reason why I have remained loyal....
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-16-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Well Udi who ran the service at ski world is now running all the service for tournament boats for both Ski World and UWS if that’s any consolation.
Old    wakelvr            12-16-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Udi totally deserves it. He is a great person and a very pleasant person to deal with:-) I haven't been by the shop for some time. I'll probably drop by soon to see what's going on. Is Tony still there? He's my buddy:-) Dean? Scott? Steve? Justin?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-16-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Tony is everyones buddy. He's a cool cat.

Pleasanton is Justin, Steve, Tony, Dennis, and Brian. Castro Valley is Erik.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-16-2005, 12:27 PM Reply   
Yeah everyone but Scott.
Old     (bnice)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-16-2005, 11:02 PM Reply   
And me
Old     (bnice)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-16-2005, 11:03 PM Reply   
I miss that place.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-17-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
Yeah...to Brandon and Ben. I miss you guys. Best of luck.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-17-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
You can still hang out we just cant pay you brandon.