Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
Never been there, so we're excited. My boys and I have scheduled a vacation first week of August staying 3 days/nights on the lake at the Lake Powell Resort in Wahweap and then moving up to 2 days/nights at Halls Crossing to see another part of the lake. We plant to keep the boat in the water at both marinas and head out each day or several times a day for boarding, etc.

Any thoughts on our time split between the two places?
I've heard there's a lot of traffic around Wahweap causing 30-40 minutes to get out to some uncrowded wakeboarding water. True? Ideas of spots on where to head?
Will we get far enough away to take some extra gas along? (I've yet to go through a whole tank of gas in a single day in my '02 Sanger V210.)
Ideas on neat spots to head out to from Halls Crossing?
Is a drive from Wahweap to Halls at a leisurly pace with a sight seeing stop in Monument Valley reasonable?
Any other helpful hints?

Thanks!
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-16-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
For some smooth water that isn't to far from Wahweap try going up Navajo Canyon. It is a fairly long canyon and I've always had good luck there.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-16-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
i wouldnt drive your boat all the way to halls, padre bay, navajo, and last chance will keep you busy!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
We're not boating all the way to Halls. We're pulling out, driving the car during the day between the two spots and then checking in and launching at Halls for a couple of days.

Thanks for the tips. Any more will be appreciated!

Andy
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-16-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
I would atleast make a stop at Rainbow Bridge is always nice sight to see. It would almost be faster to go by lake up to Halls. I've done it about 10 plus times, it takes about 2 1/2 hours. Which isn't bad. You run into a lot of nice water on the way up there too.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-16-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
i bet it is faster by boat too. I was guessing 4 hour drive by car.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-16-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
and you get to see the beautiful canyon walls.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-16-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
I don't know if I would want to spend those hours in the main channel in a V210. I HATE taking my boat in the main channel during any busy time. In fact, I have no plans to go back down to the Wahweap side until you can shoot straight across. Going backside is a PITA and can be rough at best.