Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2012, 6:59 AM Reply   
Let's go titans!!! You seattle guys should be happy I am pretty confident the niners are going to win. Every time I feel that way they go down. But I am calling huge game from kap 100 hundred yards rushing and niners win 27-21. My plane is on time so I should be to my hotel in plenty of time for the game.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
Seahawks 30-13
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
Congratulations to Jason Witten for breaking the tight end receptions in a season record!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seahawks 30-13
Ha. Not likely. The 49ers have been beaten bad only once this year and that was against the Giants on Oct 14.

I predict a back-forth fight.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
^Looking pretty one-sided right now.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
My prediction is starting to look a little light.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^Looking pretty one-sided right now.
Are you referring to the referee's?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-23-2012, 7:51 PM Reply   
^There have been a couple of bad calls, but that isn't the main reason for the 35-6 score I am looking at right now.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-23-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Crap. I stand corrected.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-23-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
Anyone care to call me delusional now?

Jeremy?

Dave?

Robert?

Baitkiller?

EJ?

You guys like stats. Please provide me with them at your leisure.

Bet the Hawks hackers are gonna be reeeeeeeeeeeal quiet from here on out.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
Romo threw for 416 yards and 4 TD's and had a 123.8 passer rating.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-23-2012, 11:05 PM Reply   
That's it Bobby. Ignore the Hawks DOMINATION of the 49ers and boast about your boy in his losing effort.

Seahawks All Day!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2012, 11:54 PM Reply   
Bobby, seriously bro pull your head out.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2012, 3:37 AM Reply   
Cliff asked for stats. I gave him some.How is your boy Russell holding up in the stats column against Romo?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-24-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Least Bobby is willing to stand up and be accounted for. The others who had such witty snarks on page one have become oddly quiet over the last few weeks, and deadly silent today.

Someone brought this up last week.

"One thing I noticed last night, Brady's pace flat whore out the Niner's D. Wonder what Pete and co are planning for them this week?"

Oh... it was me.

HAWKS!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-24-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Cliff asked for stats. I gave him some.How is your boy Russell holding up in the stats column against Romo?
Very, VERY well.

Completion percentage:
Russ: 63.4 Romo: 66.3

Yards per attempt:
Russ: 7.7 Romo: 7.7

Touchdown Passes
Russ: 25 Romo: 26

Interceptions
Russ: 10 Romo: 16

Times sacked
Russ: 27 Romo: 34

Passer Rating
Russ: 98.0 Romo: 92.5

I won't even get into the rushing numbers, since they are so heavily in Wilson's favor.... which explains the disparity in passing yards in Romo's favor. If you look at these numbers and still wanna brag on your guy, just remind yourself that he's in his 10th year, and Russ is a rookie.

I agree with Cliff though, you're here putting up a fight. I appreciate that. And you were absolutely right on one of your predictions this week... that was definitely the game we had all been waiting for!!!!!!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Very humbling game for the niners. I think they fooled me with last weeks first half performance. They are in deep trouble if they cannot get bye which is still possible because the Vikings do have something to play for. Last year all the breaks turnovers , injuries and special teams went the niners way. This year it is just not the case. They look like a wounded team that is going to be one and done in the play offs. Hopefully they can turn it around but I am not confident especially with the injuries piling up.

The Seahawks looked amazing. You guys should be very excited. I would almost say they are the favorites in the NFC. But with the fact that they have to play all road games that maybe a lot to ask. Still they look very impressive.

All well time to soothe my wounds with some Mai tais.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
If I'm honest I was being very hopeful with my 30-13 prediction. I really believed we would win but I did not expect that kind of statement. The defense had Kapp looking very disoriented out there and just played the lumber, the penalty on Chancellor was bs IMO. The offense looked damn good too. Fun stuff!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-24-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
Mike,

At this point If I were a Niner fan I'd be really concerned with what could happen against the Cards. Your boys are down to Crabtree / Gore and Kap on offense and the D has literally had their asses handed to them for six quarters straight now. Better hope for a big helping of Gore to carry you to the end or you might just end up in the wild card spot looking up at the Hawks.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Cliff,
It could happen but I play the percentages and the niners still have a better chance at the number 2 seed then Seattle does to win the division. In the nfl your not as good as your best game and not as bad as your worst. Things change quickly halfway through the patriots game everyone would have agreed the niners were the best team in the league. Now everyone is saying they are horrible. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. The Seahawks were great on Sunday but that game was set up for niners to lose. Still it was impressive how the hawks dominated.

Hopefully the niners pull out the number 2 seed get some rest and we will see what happens.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-25-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
I really can't see the 9ers losing to the Cardinals. I mean, I would LOVE to see that happen... but they are just too good to fall to such a weak team. Granted, they are tired... and depleted with injuries, but Arizona is all kinds of crappy right now, and the 49ers are still elite. Which, by the way, makes beating them all that much sweeter.
Also, I'm over my fear of the road. Our team is coming together at the perfect time. They beleive in each other and trust each other. And they're young... so I don't think a bye week would work in our favor (see the Phins game). As much as more games in the Clink would be SO GREAT for both this team and for me personally, I actually think these guys are feeding off the haters and will really want to keep proving everyone wrong. A road path to the SB might be the the perfect path for these guys to take.

And unlike a lot of people I know, I personally hope that road goes right through Lambeau.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
Very, VERY well.

Completion percentage:
Russ: 63.4 Romo: 66.3

Yards per attempt:
Russ: 7.7 Romo: 7.7

Touchdown Passes
Russ: 25 Romo: 26

Interceptions
Russ: 10 Romo: 16

Times sacked
Russ: 27 Romo: 34

Passer Rating
Russ: 98.0 Romo: 92.5

I won't even get into the rushing numbers, since they are so heavily in Wilson's favor.... which explains the disparity in passing yards in Romo's favor. If you look at these numbers and still wanna brag on your guy, just remind yourself that he's in his 10th year, and Russ is a rookie.

I agree with Cliff though, you're here putting up a fight. I appreciate that. And you were absolutely right on one of your predictions this week... that was definitely the game we had all been waiting for!!!!!!
It's funny how you measure a QB. Most QB polls are rated by three categories.1 Passing yards: Romo 4685 second only to Drew Brees. Russell Wilson has 2868 which isn't even second among rookies. 2.Touchdowns: Romo 26 Wilson 25 3. Interceptions: Romo 16 Wilson 10. Now lets bring it further into perspective. Over the last 8 games Romo has 17 TD's 3 int's and 2612 yards which is a average of 326.5 yards a game.How many 300 yard games does Wilson have this year.Not to mention Romo has a average offensive line at best,one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL and a defense that can't stop anyone from scoring.That all adds up to pressure to produce.What does Wilson have? One of the best Offensive lines in the league,One of the best rushing attacks in the league and one of the best defenses in the league.What does that add up too? A cakewalk for whoever is QB.If their roles were reversed, Wilson couldn't compete with the numbers Romo could put up.Oh that's right he can't compete now.Football is a Team sport. If Romo had a better Defense or at least a healthy one they would have easily won 5 more games.Then we wouldn't be having this discussion.Romo has even thrown for more yards than Peyton Manning this year.
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       12-25-2012, 7:53 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=Then we wouldn't be having this discussion.Romo has even thrown for more yards than Peyton Manning this year.[/QUOTE]

Proves that throwing yards does not automatically translate to wins...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-25-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
Boom. What he said. ^^

Unfortunately for everybody... I'm not so sparse with my words.
A huge amount of passing yards means almost nothing. You repeatedly acting as though it is THE measuring stick is pretty freakin hilarious. It's not about yards... It's about efficiency. Productivity. Considering how many more yards Romo has thrown for, one would think Wilson would be way behind on TD's... But it a virtual tie. They throw for about the same number of yards on each pass... it's just that Wilson can also run the ball. That, and he doesn't give the thing away every other time down the field so he doesn't have to try and drive 200 yards every time he wants a TD. Saying it's a cakewalk for anyone to QB ANY TEAM is just silly. I don't think Romo is bad... But I do think he gets rattled and makes horrible decisions. He throws the ball to the other team entirely too much. Part of that is the same thing that hurts Luck. It's being asked to throw too much. In both cases, it get them tons of your coveted yards, but also way too many interceptions and not enough points comparatively.

Speaking of ties, Wilson gets one more score and he ties Peyton Manning for the most TD's by a rookie. And all of this knowing full well that he was pretty much just handing the ball off at the beginning of the season because they didn't yet know what he was capable of.

I'm fine just admitting that we disagree on who's better, but you seem dead set on saying that Russell isn't very good... Or at least isn't good compared
To Romo. Bottom line is right now the Seahawks are heading into the playoffs. And if you ask me which QB I'd rather see take them in, Romo or Wilson... I take Russell Wilson every day of the week. No question. He's a smart, efficient leader and doesn't rattle under pressure. Ever. Which is amazing for any QB, but especially so for a rookie.

If you wanna argue more about their statistics, let's wait to see if Romo even gets his team into the post season. A feat which you categorically stated the Seahawks could not do earlier in this thread.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2012, 3:22 AM Reply   
You obviously didn't comprehend my statement. You saw what you chose to see. Romo has 17 td's over the last 8 games vs 3 int's.The true measure of a QB's poise is how they perform under pressure. Example: Down two scores with 4:00 minutes to go.As for your BS analysis of yards,how come the measure of a QB,RB and WR is yards gained?How come the measure of a defense is yards allowed?Please take your goggles off now as they are cutting off circulation to your brain.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-26-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Oh, we're only looking at the last 8 games? Gotcha.
Russell Wilson has 17 TD's in that same span. 3 INT's. Wow. you're right, those statistics don't hold up to Romo's at all do they? Wait, forgot... he also has 3 rushing TD's in that span. How many did Romo have?

Russel threw for 1638 passing yards for 119 points. 312 rushing for 18 points. Total production = 137 points (not counting extra points)
Romo threw for 2612 passing yards for 119 points. 10 rushing for 0 points. Total production = 119 points (not counting extra points)

Let's also talk about pressure. 2 of Romo's int's came in the same game. A game he LOST. At home. Even though he threw for 441 on 62 attempts. Both season highs... for a LOSS. (Did I mention he lost? But how could that be?? He played awesome. Just look at all those passing yards!!!!)

And you continue to act as though there is no comparison. Goggles, indeed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2012, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh, we're only looking at the last 8 games? Gotcha.
Russell Wilson has 17 TD's in that same span. 3 INT's. Wow. you're right, those statistics don't hold up to Romo's at all do they? Wait, forgot... he also has 3 rushing TD's in that span. How many did Romo have?

Russel threw for 1638 passing yards for 119 points. 312 rushing for 18 points. Total production = 137 points (not counting extra points)
Romo threw for 2612 passing yards for 119 points. 10 rushing for 0 points. Total production = 119 points (not counting extra points)

Let's also talk about pressure. 2 of Romo's int's came in the same game. A game he LOST. At home. Even though he threw for 441 on 62 attempts. Both season highs... for a LOSS. (Did I mention he lost? But how could that be?? He played awesome. Just look at all those passing yards!!!!)

And you continue to act as though there is no comparison. Goggles, indeed.
Your off on your stats.Wilson has 4 int's over that period.He also has a 64% completion to Romo's 67% over the same period.Romo threw for just under 1000 yards more over the same period.How many games would the Seahawks have won without Wilson's Passing TD's?The Cowboy's wouldn't have won a single game without Romo's contributions.So in closing Romo had 3 int's in 328 att.Wilson had 4 int's in 222 att. Wison's int percentage is twice as high as Romo's over the last 8 games and he wasn't even under pressure.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
WEEK 17 PICKS

SUNDAY @ 1:00

TB @ ATL - Falcons
NYJ @ BUF - JETS
CHI @ DET - DA BEARS
HOU @ IND - COLTS

CAR @ NO - PANTHERS
PHI @ NYG - EAGLES
CLE @ PIT - STEELERS
JAC @ TEN - JAGUARS

BAL @ CIN - RAVENS

SUNDAY @ 4:30

KC @ DEN - BRONCOS
GB @ MIN - VIKINGS
MIA @ NE - PATRIOTS
OAK @ SD - CHARGERS
STL @ SEA - HAWKS
ARI @ SF - 49ERS

SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:20

DAL @ WAS - COWBOYS
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-26-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
4 int's? Over the last 8 games? Wrong. Again. But thanks for trying to correct me. You're doing a good job.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2012, 4:35 AM Reply   
Oops my bad. I counted the first SF game.Still you get the point 3 INT'S IN 222 ATT VS. 3 int's in 328 att.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-27-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
RICHARD SHERMAN WINS APPEAL!! Best corner in the NFL won't miss a game.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-27-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Good, I want them at full strength when my Rammies beat them for a second time this year!

I don't usually smack talk, but Ill do anything to get this thread off of the beaten horse that is the Romo/Wilson debate!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-27-2012, 10:08 AM Reply   
I hear ya Dave. No worries on my part. I'm done with that.

Good luck on Sunday!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
RICHARD SHERMAN WINS APPEAL!! Best corner in the NFL won't miss a game.
Best corner? Didn't make the Pro Bowl so not enough people and experts agree with you on that.The reason he won the appeal is his sample cup was leaking another cup with a broken seal was placed under his so the chain was broken.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-28-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Best corner? Didn't make the Pro Bowl so not enough people and experts agree with you on that.The reason he won the appeal is his sample cup was leaking another cup with a broken seal was placed under his so the chain was broken.
Actually if we use statistics like you love sherman is the best corner in football and it really isnt close. 1st in passes defensed, 2nd in picks and 1st in opponents qb rating(i think i heard 2nd best in nfl history?). Him not being in the pro bowl is nonsense. He is over it though and want all pro status.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Rams - Seattle - Seattle

Arizona - San Fransisco - Arizona

Dallas - Washington - Washington

Green Bay - Minnesota - Minnesota

Should be an awesome day of football.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
I like where your heads at Cliff. Although I wouldn't mind pounding the shizznit out of Dallas in Dallas.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Gotta admit Seattle in Dallas would be epic after all the smack between Robert and us this season.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
Well best outcome possible for the niners. Still a wounded team but a nice bye week hopefully will help. I am rooting for the cowboys tonight. I want cowboys vs Seahawks just for fun to watch.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2012, 8:24 PM Reply   
Romo chokes again. What a joke!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2012, 8:42 PM Reply   
A depleted defense couldn't stop the run.The offense was losing receivers like flies.Not making excuses they did the best they could with what was left.Lets hope Seattle can stop the run.For your sake and your playoff lives.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
As I said in the begining of the season, forget the stats - ROMO IS NOT A LEADER. His team does not believe in him. I realize one man does not make a team. But look at what RG3 and the other rookies have done this season, not to mention Peyton. A veteran like romo with his numbers should NEVER throw off his back foot with the other foot in the air while being pressured. That ball has to go into the ground or out of bounds. Romo continues to do this and always throws picks when he does. Look at Kapernick - he makes some very wise decisions for such a young quarterback. When he gets in trouble he does not just huck it. You rarely see the veterans like Romo making those poor decisions. More often than not Romo is blaming his receivers while he is coming off the field (he did it last night even).

The other thing that is very puzzling is that why when he is on the sidelines is he ALWAYS on the bench and ALWAYS by himself? You don't see that with any of the elite QB's or even most of the QBs. Most are engaged even when they are off the field. Heck even the backup QB's are usually engaged in case they have to go in. The other thing that really pisses me of is when he is over on the sidelines chuckling and giggling while his team is getting whopped.

Again, his numbers are legit and Dallas has many outstanding players, they just lack true leadership and inspiration.

As much as I do not like Alex Smith, he would probably do well in Dallas. Dallas has to do something - new coach or new QB to light a fire out of that very talented squad.

The good thing for me is that Dallas does not cover the spread (17-29 over last 3 years)(31-50 in last 4 weeks of season since 1992) which means the public loves them and means I get paid betting against them. Romo can talk about loving to come from behind and like to be the star of the 4th quarter, but that does not get you to the playoffs. Than throw in a stack of injuries and you got a team that is just not going to be there in the end. So keep Romo there and I keep making money!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
Hold on to your hats folks, NFL is firing coaches and GM's heavy this morning. Espn can barely keep up with the firings.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-31-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
Romo needs to go. Same with garett. Injuries or not, this team has way too much talent to be a .500 squad. Buffalow is spot on with the leadership issues. Romo and dez definitely started clicking in the second half, witten had another great year, but not enough.
Jerry needs to resign as gm, and new gm needs to bring in someone like a gruden or cowher.
The only bright side of losing last night, is we dont have to get embarrassed in our home stadium by a rookie qb.
Old    sperbet            12-31-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Jerry needs to resign as gm, and new gm needs to bring in someone like a gruden or cowher.
Good luck with that. Raiders fans were saying the same thing for a decade. The Dallas Cowboys, your next decade Oakland Raiders folks!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-31-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
My phone has not stopped alerting all day! Norv finally out in sd, whisenhunt out in az! I don't recall an nfl season ever ending like this. Nutty.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-31-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
I loved last night's game!

RGlll got beat the F up and was barley getting off the field at the end of the game. Hawks will be dealing with a pocket passing qb for the most part this week. If we get up on them early Morris will be a non factor and our D will eat Griffin alive. Not to mention our D backs will be watering at the mouth if he trys to push balls into coverage to compensate for his lack of mobility.

As for our offense, if they try to contain Wilson he'll simply come straight up the middle as he did yesterday in the second half. Marshon is gonna blow holes through there D and our recievers are far more talented and healthy than the Cowboys were.

I'm convinced it's gonna come down to a healthy confident Seattle team vs. Washington that almost completely relies on two players, one of which is in really bad shape right now.

But then what do I know. I'm just the delusional inbread who predicted my Hawks would dominate this season.

Last edited by seattle; 12-31-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-31-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
^Woah dude. I wouldn't start printing a bunch of Seattle 2013 Super Bowl Champion t-shirts just yet. RGIII was nowhere near 100% at any part of the game. He is going to battle through those injuries. The key is, he is still plenty mobile even at 70%. Not saying Washington is going to win, but I don't think this is a Washington team "that completely relies on two players". You don't win 7 games in a row in the NFL with just two players, particularly since RGIII missed one of those games.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-31-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
I'm a fairly typical Seahawks fan... in as much as I usually think/expect the worst and hope for the best. I always feel we're going to get close, and then see our hopes evaporate (See Superbowl XL). The team this year has given us a few of those moments (hello Miami) but for the most part, they've just made me feel foolish for not believing enough. I love that Cliff has been all-in with the "team of destiny" thing this season. For my part, I'm still the cautious type... but I am excited! Anything less than a deep run at this point will be a disappointment (kinda like missing the Division title by a half game). Next Sunday's gonna be fun.

Go Hawks!

Oh, and I hope that people leave yesterdays game with the right mindset... I've heard rumblings about how Seattle must suck after all because they almost lost to the Rams... and that's garbage. We were the only division rival to actually beat the tough team that is the Rams. Their D (especially the pass rush, obviously) is very strong. And they are unbelievably well coached. Dave should be super excited for the future of that team... and the future of the NFC W(B)est!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
When Romo threw his third interception[The only one that washington scored a TD on].Here's what he had going for him #1 RECEIVER DEZ BRYANT out # 2 RECEIVER MILES AUSTIN on the sidelines, # 4 RECEIVER Cole Beasley Out and one offensive lineman with a ankle injury.Sure it was a bad decision.But let me ask you this? How many bad decisions did the defense make to allow Alfred Morris 200 yards when RGIII ONLY PASSED for 100 yards.Let's not forget that RGIII also had a rushing TD and over 50 yards rushing all while Romo was sitting on the bench.Did Romo make mistakes? Hell yeah,but what QB doesn't?Jason the reason the Cowboys can't cover the spread isn't for lack of points scored.It's because they allow too many points on defense.With only 1 running back in his whole career that has even reached 1000 yards Romo has had alot on his shoulders.After all it is the convenient place to lay the blame.I agree Manning might have thrown fewer interceptions,but when you don't have any time for receivers to get open and no running game and your always behind because of your defense.Throwing it away or taking a sack won't score points.Scoring points and keeping your opponent from scoring points is how you win.How many games this year was Romo held Scoreless?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Cliff drinks Koolaid. The hawks could have been 5-11 and he would still be singing their praises. I know you guys dominated two weeks ago but lets not forget who won the NFC west. I am really hoping we get an all NFC west championship game at the stick with a healthy Justin smith.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2012, 4:56 PM Reply   
Hey Rob,

I don't blame everything on him, it takes a team to lose and be a .500 team. That includes coaching and management. The thing is they are a .500 with this group and with him at the helm. They need to do something different and create a passion and leadership. If that does not happen from your Qb, it has to happen by someone else. Currently Romo or Jason Garrett do not appear to be much of great leaders or exude passion on the field. I want my coach and Qb to care about every play on both sides of the ball. Just feels like neither of them care. I agree and mentioned that as a team they are beat up, but posses great talent, but they keep ending up at a .500 team, so something has to change. They have had 3 or 4 years of .500 or less, which requires change when you also have that much talent. We are not talking about raiders here. We are talking about the wealthiest franchise with a stack of high level guys. Not saying that pro bowl is everything, but no Romo there regardless of the fact he is a top 10 guy in stats and I think only witten and weare made it. That is not good considering there are at least 3 other players that if they were on playoff team would have been recognized.

As far as the betting world guys, you are right spreads result in both sides of the ball, but there are plenty of teams that cover spreads with mostly offense or mostly defense. A well rounded team generally is a bad team to bet against because they become predictable in the betting world. Since the fans love dallas that put money on them which affects the spread, which is good for me. Generally a team like hawks or niners I can bet that they will cover the spread in a win, the problem is so is the rest of the betting world which drives the line the wrong way like yesterday niners being -17. Than it make them a bad bet once the public catches on. I have had one of my most profitable seasons in 10 years of gambling and it was due alot to Dallas and the misconception of how good they are due to stats soley. Most times a team with grit and passion will make it to the end. I say all the time in the MMA world, I will take hard work and heart over pure natural talent every time. Combine the two and you have a guy like jon jones or cain v., gsp, aldo, henderson, who are just destined for greatness. If feel if dallas had some more passion/grit/heart that would be a serious force to be dealt with. I feel Garrette and Romo just don't have it. That's all.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-31-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
I guess if you missed RGlll's face down nap yesterday you might think he's gonna be healthy by this weekend, but I saw a guy that could barely stand up and had to have his teammates drag him to the sidelines last night. He won't be at 70% this weekend more like 50%. I hope some of you are right though, I'd love to see him try to run the ball against our D this weekend.

I'm gonna sit back and drink koolaid all week in preparation for this one. As for my blind allengence, the Hawks aren't at 5-11 they're at 11-5 and they dry raped Mikey's Niners on national tv on the way there. Drink it in bitchs, it's happening!

DESTINY!

Last edited by seattle; 12-31-2012 at 5:10 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Cliff on RGIII . He's nowhere near 100% more like 75%.He just doesn't have the Burst.Speaking of Burst,that's what's going to happen to Washington's bubble this weekend.There is no comparison to the defense they faced Sunday night and the one they will face this weekend.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
PLAYOFF PICKS ROUND 1

Saturday @ 4:30

CIN @ HOU - I'll take the Bengals in a upset win!

Sunday @ 1:00

IND @ BAL - The Colts surprise the up and down Ravens.Colts in another road upset.

Saturday @ 8:00

MIN @ GB - Packers The only home team to win in round 1

Sunday @ 4:30

SEA @ WAS - The Hawks take care of their road game woes with a win over a wounded RGIII and a game Alfred Morris.Seattle D proves too tough to run consistently on.Round 1 goes to the Hawks!
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       12-31-2012, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
The only bright side of losing last night, is we dont have to get embarrassed in our home stadium by a rookie qb.
Ummm you already did...maybe you were already in your Turkey Coma by the time RG3 lit you all up in Jerry World on Thanksgiving...

The Skins keep rolling right on through Seattle. Hail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-01-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have to agree with Cliff on RGIII . He's nowhere near 100% more like 75%.He just doesn't have the Burst.Speaking of Burst,that's what's going to happen to Washington's bubble this weekend.There is no comparison to the defense they faced Sunday night and the one they will face this weekend.
If I was a Seattle fan, I wouldn't want you picking them. Let's flash back to last year to NY's SuperBowl run. Every week you predicted NYG to lose; I guess because they are a NFC East rival?
If Seattle loses, Seahawk fans can thank bad luck Rob.

DC will be rocking and I'm predicting RGIII to man up and get it done. Colts upset Baltimore. Texans beat Cincy. Minnesota shocks GB at home.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-01-2013, 10:16 AM Reply   
Goin with,

Colts

Cinci

Minn
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-01-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Nash View Post
Ummm you already did...maybe you were already in your Turkey Coma by the time RG3 lit you all up in Jerry World on Thanksgiving...

The Skins keep rolling right on through Seattle. Hail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember. I just try to forget about it every day.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-02-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
Even though we fell short here and there throughout the year, I'm definitely stoked on the future of the Rams! We have a solid defense that led the NFL in sacks, the youngest team in the NFL and a gaggle of draft pics in our pocket. We're still not super consistent, but we've shown we can hang with the best teams in the NFL. Looking forward to next year!
Old    bigdtx            01-02-2013, 10:12 AM Reply   
Finally Cliff gets something to cheer about! Let's see if they can do something on the road. I knew Dallas would choke in the closer - they always do - whether it's Romo or the defense - or both in this case. They always find a way to lose. I gave up on them last year and won't get back on board until Jerry dies or the team sells - I hope Stephen is a better GM than Jerry or we'll be Detroit for the next 30 years.

Romo had a million yards passing this season because the Cowboys couldn't run the ball and couldn't stop anybody so they were usually behind by 2 scores by the end of the first quarter.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-03-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
Bobby, good call on Seattle not having an elite D. They finished 4th in yards per game and 1st in points per game(by almost 2 full points). Looks like I was right. I said something like Seattle and SF will both have top 5 D's. Both are top 5 in both scoring and yards. If you go by scoring defense they actually have the 1st and 2nd ranked Defenses. Hahaha!!!! Also pretty funny that your elite QB and the Cowgirls are sitting at home right now while our Hawks are heading to DC to reign on EastSPN's frigging parade by mud stomping RG3 in the nations capital.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-03-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
WILDCARD WEEKEND

Saturday @ 4:30
CIN @ HOU - Bengals are on the upswing. Houston on the slide. Bengals.

Saturday @ 8:00
MIN @ GB - Packers. Ugh. I really, REALLY want the Vikings to win this game. However, I just think the Packers are going to be too much at home. Especially given last weekends narrow loss.

Sunday @ 1:00
IND @ BAL - Bobby called the Ravens up-and-down. He was right. He didn't know, however, that the absolute-hands-down-unequivocally-greatest-middle-linebacker (and arguably one of the best NFL leaders) of all time would announce his plans to retire after this post-season. Ray's squad proves Garcon means boy. And Indy's Luck's run out.

Sunday @ 4:30
SEA @ WAS - The Skins worked a pretty brilliant set of blitzes and pass rushes on Romo and company last week... that won't work against Seattle. RGIII will be less than mobile, but still effective. Just not effective enough. Seattle should inflict some force on this finesse team. My only real concern in this game is the field. Not the crowd... the actual field. That place makes Soldier Field look like the putting green at pebble beach. The Seahawks rely a lot on speed. If the field slows em down a bit, the Skins can do some damage. Still, advantage Seattle.

Go Hawks.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-03-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
There was an obvious brain fart in my last post... my bad. I was thinking of Sherman proving "Garcon means boy"... but I guess some pat of my brain still thinks of him as a Colt. That's what I get for trying to be clever.
Still though, those are my picks.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-03-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
I am gonna give making some picks a shot but with the spread.

CIN @ Hou I am taking houston (-4.5) They got to win this game by a TD. I can see Foster getting it going in this one and Houston still has a lot of talent.

Min @ GB I am taking Min (+7.5) I think the Pack will probably win but I think that number is too high. I see Peterson going wild again and keeping it close. Pack win something like 28-21

Ind @ Bal I am taking the Colts (+6.5) I just don't see the Ravins scoring a lot of points. They may win but I don't see them winning by more then the 6.5. Ray Lewis may inspire to a 13-10 victory.

Sea @ Was THis one is tough but I am taking Washington (+3) Seattle might destroy them. But everyone is jumping on Seattle's train and I still don't picture them as a good road team. Three road wins, one of which was against a team with a winning record. And that was against the Bears who were on the way down. If this game was in Seattle the Hawks would probably be 10 point or more favorite but they got to prove it on the road and a blow out of the BIlls doesn't do it for me.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2013, 7:35 AM Reply   
Funny - Many of the scouting/handicap reports I read this morning mimick Mike's thoughts. I have not finished my research, but I am thinking the same except the Houston game scares me. I think they have been on such a slide and Cin has been heading up, I think Cin can keep it close. So right now I am looking at all underdog's to at least keep it close. Seattle has the ability to destroy Was and RG3 is limited, but they got to the playoffs for a reason, so I expect some smart coaching and dealing with their competition just like they did against dallas last weekend.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-04-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
I was at the Metrodome last weekend to watch a tough Packer lose, and off to Lambeau this weekend, hopefully to watch the Packers win.... the problem if they do is then the week after my two favorite teams (9ers and Packers) will play in San Fran.... and I really don't want to shell out for a plane ticket and game tickets, but probably will.

I really hope the Packers can meet the Seahawks at some point and just house them, nothing would please me more than to see the look of defeat on Pete Carrols's ugly mug.... revenge for that "touchdown catch" would be nice.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2013, 8:58 AM Reply   
What about the eight sacks Nick? Are you hoping the official refs can help your boys out there as well?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
I am gonna give making some picks a shot but with the spread.

CIN @ Hou I am taking houston (-4.5) They got to win this game by a TD. I can see Foster getting it going in this one and Houston still has a lot of talent.

Min @ GB I am taking Min (+7.5) I think the Pack will probably win but I think that number is too high. I see Peterson going wild again and keeping it close. Pack win something like 28-21

Ind @ Bal I am taking the Colts (+6.5) I just don't see the Ravins scoring a lot of points. They may win but I don't see them winning by more then the 6.5. Ray Lewis may inspire to a 13-10 victory.

Sea @ Was THis one is tough but I am taking Washington (+3) Seattle might destroy them. But everyone is jumping on Seattle's train and I still don't picture them as a good road team. Three road wins, one of which was against a team with a winning record. And that was against the Bears who were on the way down. If this game was in Seattle the Hawks would probably be 10 point or more favorite but they got to prove it on the road and a blow out of the BIlls doesn't do it for me.
The Bears[who would have had the same record as the Seahawks] would have been a playoff team if the replacement referees would have gotten one call right in the Green Bay /Seattle game.So the Bear win was legit for Seattle on the road.Their is a slight chance that Seattle could become the Giant team of several years ago.The one noone thought could do it,but the team didn't get the memo.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-04-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
CWB,
I disagree everyone is on thte Seahawks bandwagon. They are playing well but three road games to reach the Super Bowl is tough. If I had to handicap it in the NFC. I think it would go Packers first (experience and best QB) 2nd Falcons (home field and they can't choke every year) 3rd Niners (Home field Injuries and young QB big concern). 4th The Hawks (red hot but three possible road games)
I think the Hawks have a better shot then Washington because I think the Hawks are the better team. But the three road games is the problem. Maybe Seattle will just hammer everyone but I just don't see it.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-04-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
People hammer the Hawks because they don't historically travel well. And by "historically", I am counting earlier this year.

Still, I think that might not be a reliable measure of the team. When they sucked on the road this season, they were a very different squad. Russell Wilson hadn't been given the full playbook yet. And there were some terrible timid coaching decisions.

Also, if you look at previous NFL teams that were built to win on the road, it's been about Defense and a good ground game. Two things that Seattle is top 5 in the league in. They also happen to have a pretty strong offense and special teams, but that's beside the point for this post.

I'm not foolish enough to say we're a lock to make the SB... or even to win this week. I'm just saying that getting to NO is a very real possibility for this team given the weapons they have. And if not this season, look out for the next 5 or 6.
Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-04-2013, 7:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
People hammer the Hawks because they don't historically travel well. And by "historically", I am counting earlier this year.

Still, I think that might not be a reliable measure of the team. When they sucked on the road this season, they were a very different squad. Russell Wilson hadn't been given the full playbook yet. And there were some terrible timid coaching decisions.

Also, if you look at previous NFL teams that were built to win on the road, it's been about Defense and a good ground game. Two things that Seattle is top 5 in the league in. They also happen to have a pretty strong offense and special teams, but that's beside the point for this post.

I'm not foolish enough to say we're a lock to make the SB... or even to win this week. I'm just saying that getting to NO is a very real possibility for this team given the weapons they have. And if not this season, look out for the next 5 or 6.
Being the proud owner of a John Keyworth autographed Orange Crush T-Shirt, my passionate dislike for Seatlle goes WAY back. However... I must say... they deserve respect this year. And (unfortunately) probably a few years to come...
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-05-2013, 9:43 AM Reply   
Looks like the like for today will be Houston -4 to 4.5 and GB 7-8. I think Ihave to go cinc getting the 4.5 based on their recent 8 games and hope they keep it to a feild goal. Than I think GB goes hom and smashes Min by 10 or so.They know how to beat Min, add in home and experience and you got the makings of a butt whopping.

Good luck all
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
Did you see Gb pull off the gas in the second half? Rogers was on point first half and than he damn near misses every pass in the second. What the hell was that. Still smashes as I expected and covers, but that was crazy.

Reall like Balt in this position today, but been flip flopping for 2 days on the Sea/Wa game. If it was in SEA, than no question at all. but a home underdog with a team that has won 8 straight and by all report RG3 Being a little stronger.Wash rushing best in the league vs SEA 10th in rush def. This could be a gridner game, no scoring with nobody wanting to make a mistake. Probably a field goal takes it.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
Didn't care much about the Cinci - Houston game, but the GB - Minn game sucked. I'd much rather have to go into San Fran than fly out east and play in Lambo.

My issue with the Hawks game today is that I don't dislike the Skins. They remind me so much of our team that you just can't help but root for them. Don't get me wrong, the Hawks will dominate, but I wish we were playing somebody we had some sort of rivalry with.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
Doh!

It was pointed out to me if we win we'll be heading to Atlanta....

From my perspective that's better than Lambo.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-06-2013, 2:04 PM Reply   
Seattle is looking very average right now. Washington looks pumped! Their crowd is LOUD!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
First quarter definitely goes to RGIII. Did Seattle's defense not get off the plane?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-06-2013, 2:59 PM Reply   
Much better game now.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-06-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
The defense finally got off the bus.Here's the dilemma now. RGIII down to 50% at best. Seattle's kicker is a 30 to 35 yard range at best with his ankle tweaked.Who is more important to their team?